Chapter 14 - Beautiful moments

"What time's your train, love?" Alfie asks, almost sadly, as Cass begins to get ready. "I'm not sure. I was just hoping to get there at the same time as the train." Cass replies, trying to make light of the situation as she wipes off the last of her make up. "Do you have to go?" He then asks, whining like a kid. "Tommy needs my help at the shop. I can't just leave everyone in the shit." Cass says, sending him a sympathetic look. "He's a smart man. I'm sure he can figure it out. He's coming down here in a few days, anyway." Alfie argues, noticing how Cass raises her eyebrows at the clearly new information.

"Just call him and say you'll go back with him when his business is done. He'll be at the bakery anyway." Alfie then says, sitting up in the bed that he had earlier refused to leave. Cass sighs as she considers his request. Could she do this? She rarely lives in the moment anymore and thought of staying with him for a few more days makes her heart race.

"Where would I stay? I can't exactly afford this place." Cass says, voicing her concern. It's probably her only one. "You don't have to worry about that, love." Alfie says with a dry laugh. "I can't let you pay for this, Alfie." Cass argues as she starts to brush her hair. "Then you can stay with me. I have spare rooms if you want to stay in one of them. Although, I know where I'd want you to stay." Alfie says, grinning when she glares at him playfully through the mirror.

"You know what? Fuck it. I'll stay." Cass then says abruptly, turning in her chair to face him with a wide smile. "Really?" Alfie says. He clearly wasn't expecting her to stay. "Yeah. It might be fun." Cass replies with a smirk, making Alfie laugh. "Fuckin' come here." He then says, prompting Cass to walk over to him and straddle his lap. She rests her forearms on his shoulders and looks directly into his eyes with a smile before leaning down to kiss him.

~

A few days in Alfie's definition apparently meant a month. It was a month filled with more romance than Cass had experienced in her entire life. Alfie had been so kind and caring and was still so understanding about her wanting to wait until they got completely physical. After all, he was the one who wanted to wait in France.

Cass had decided that tonight was her turn to be romantic. Alfie had shown his loyalty to her and made her feel like the only woman in the world. She wanted to show her gratitude, even if he had already said that spending time with him was enough.

The moment Alfie walked through the door of his home, he was greeted with candles all over the hallway floor and leading up the stairs. His curiosity immediately gets the better of him, prompting him to follow to trail of flickering flames all the way to his bedroom. He slowly opens the door to reveal Cass sitting on a picnic blanket with a smile on her face. She's wearing a lilac night dress made out of silk and lace and nothing else.

"What's all this, love?" He asks in a confused tone. "Come and sit with me." Cass says, trying to hold her excitement in. Alfie doesn't waste time and makes his way over to her, sitting on the opposite side of the blanket. "I just wanted to show you how grateful I am for everything you've done over the last few weeks. I really appreciate you, Alfie. I love you." Cass says gently, taking his hand in hers before moving to straddle him.

Their lips soon meet. This kiss is different to the others that they have shared. It holds a sense of desperation and lust. Alfie's hands snake around her waist to pull her closer, purposefully bringing her hips closer to his in the process. The kiss deepens as Alfie's hands slide up Cass's thighs, pushing the thin material of her nightdress up to expose the skin. She instinctively grinds her hips over his crotch, making Alfie groan and pull away. "I would stop doing that if I were you. It's hard enough to control myself as it is." He says hoarsely. "Then don't, Mr Solomons." Cass replies, biting her lower lip. Alfie immediately crashes their lips together again before flipping Cass onto her back and hovering over her.

Alfie's right hand holds him up as his left works on pulling her nightdress off. He starts with each sleeve before slowly sliding it down her body to reveal her breasts, leaving it to gather around her waist. His lips trail down to her neck before carrying on to her chest. Cass's breath hitches as he kisses around her left nipple before his lips carry on moving downwards. Both of Alfie's hands take hold of her nightdress, prompting him to look into her eyes as if asking for permission. Cass nods with a small, slightly scared, smile. She's a little surprised that Alfie is still such a gentleman in this sort of situation, but it also makes her feel a little relieved.

"You're fucking beautiful." Alfie says lowly after throwing her nightdress in a random direction behind him. Cass starts to blush when she realises that she's fully exposed to him for the first time ever. Her hands start to involuntary cover her chest as her legs draw closed. Her movements are stopped by Alfie who looks at her with slight confusion, but mostly lust. "Don't you fucking dare." He growls before kissing her lips once more.

Alfie then proceeds to take his underwear off with one hand as the other grips onto her hip. Once he's completely naked, like her, he pulls away slightly. He looks her dead in the eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He whispers. "Yes, Alfie." Cass replies, inhaling sharply as she feels his member enter her slowly.

It doesn't take long for Alfie to find his rhythm, the moans escaping from Cass's mouth being enough motivation to pound into her like his life depended on it. He buries his head into her neck as his left hand reaches down to stimulate her bundle of nerves. Alfie definitely knew what he was doing when it came to pleasuring a woman, and he knew how good he wanted Cass to feel. "Fucking hell, Alfie." Cass moans as he adds more pressure. She's soon clenching around him, which almost drives him insane as his high builds even faster. His thrusts become sloppy as he releases into her at the same time as the knot in her stomach releases.

After riding out Cass's orgasm, Alfie pulls himself out of her and lays on his back, pulling her to rest on his chest. They lay in silence for a while as they both try to catch their breath. "That was..." Cass tries to say but can't bring herself to. "Yeah it was." Alfie answers. "Thank you." She then whispers, snuggling into him more. Alfie is confused by her gratitude but chooses to ignore it. This was obviously as big deal to her. All he can bring himself to do is kiss her on the head and pull her closer. It's true that Cass was probably Alfie's weakness, but she was also his peace. This was the peace they had been searching for since the start of the war, and it was finally time to be able to call it theirs.