C H A P T E R - T W E L V E

Date Night

E L E O N O R A ' S P O V :

When I woke up, Flower was right on my nose.

Literally.

I had to move her off and to my surprised, she stayed asleep.

Papà said today we can go out and get her the necessities seeing as though he only brought back pee-pads that are used for dogs. I mean, she doesn't even have a collar yet.

When I brought her over to our house that my friends are staying in, they gushed over her. Papà agreed to let them stay in the house that he built years ago. Now I have my friends on speed dial whenever we want to hang out.

Remembering the activities I have planned today, I jump out of bed. I throw on some fuzzy socks because it's freezing in this house and grab my phone.

First, papà and I are stopping by the flower shop. Second, we're going to buy cat stuff. Third, I come home and try to get ready for my date with Rowan without papà asking too many questions. Because he would kill me if he knew.

I'm three steps down when I stop at the meowing behind me. I turn.

"What's up?" I ask Flower. She meows at me again. "What? Too little to do it by yourself." I tease and she screams at me in annoyance as I pick her up.

Damn she's got sass. It must run in the family.

Flower settles in my arms as I rub her head, she starts to purr softly.

"Papà!" I shout, turning in to the kitchen. "Woah. Whatcha cookin' there?" My nose could have wiggled happily at the smell.

"Bacon and eggs. Heard it's traditional in America."

"It's very common, yes." I walk behind him, getting a good peak at the food. "Where's your shirt? It's freezing in here."

"It's hot over the stove.. plus," His muscles tense up as he flexes, showing off. "Who doesn't want a look at these?"

I scrunch my face away and hit his chest. "Ew, gross." I make a fake gagging noise.

"Listen, you get your looks from me. You should feel like the luckiest person on the planet."

"You wish. You're ego is too big." I open my eyes and suddenly I'm focused on the black ink on his side. "Hey. When did you get that? I don't remember you having tattoos."

He turns his body to show off the two flowers crisscrossed on his side.

"This is a gladiolus flower and an iris."

"What does it mean?"

"This one, means remembrance and strength while this one, means hope and faith. I got them a year after I got better."

I still have yet to know what happened to papà after I left. I know he was kidnapped by Bianca, my nonna. I don't know anything after that though or for how long he was kept.

"I like it. Do you have any others?"

"I have your name." He reveals.