C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - F O U R

Girl Time

E L E O N O R A ' S P O V :

I haven't gotten out of bed for a consecutive of three days. I've eaten a little, not enough. But just the thought of leaving my bed just makes me feel exhausted.

I told my dad about Rowan. He was furious but he kept his cool in front of me. He did not keep his cool in front of the vases of flowers in the hallway, unfortunately.

I knew he couldn't hold it in for long and the shattered vases in the front room was expected. It didn't take long for him to come home and make a mess. He's good at controlling himself around me, but never in general. Papà is a very emotional person, whether he'd like to admit it or not.

Knowing that papà told my family about Rowan leaves me with a string of embarrassment and anxiety. Stress comes normally to me but now, it's through the roof.

I wish things didn't happen this way.

I wish my entire life could be different.

"Come in, papà!" I call out from the safety and comfort of my own bed.

The knock sounds again.

Did he not hear me?

"Oh come on." I mumble, grumpily.

I rip the covers off of me in slight annoyance and pull myself up. I open the door, ready to accuse papà of purposely annoying me so I get out of bed but I halt in place when the door opens.

Oh.

My face morphs into something less annoyed and suddenly, I don't know what to say.

"Hello, Eleonora." Her voice is timid, I notice. I also notice her hands fidgeting.

"Uh, hi?" I don't say the words rudely but I'm definitely confused.

Her smile just barely falters. "I know it's probably very weird seeing me here. Your papà called me. He said.. you might need some girl time?" I relax, my eyes softening. Oh. "I totally understand if you're not up for it, I can go if you want. No hard feelings."

"Why didn't he tell me you were coming?"

I take in my fuzzy pajama pants and my over-sized shirt. And if I'm being honest, I haven't showed in two days so essentially, I'm gross right now. Disgusting, even.

"I'm not sure. Maybe he assumed you'd be less likely to go out."

"Right. Well..," I sigh, weighing my options. "I'll be out in a few minutes..."

"Allegra." She seems to read my mind easily, understanding that I'm not quite sure how to address her without us having a proper introduction. "You can just call me Allegra." Her smile is kind. "What do you prefer?"

"Just Ellie is fine." I tell her, gently smiling.

I nod and we part ways, I leave to finally take a shower. It's nice to feel clean.

I even pick up some clothes on my floor and toss them into a hamper. It's like I'm a whole new person. Clean and shit.

When I walk down and go to feed Flower, I notice that papà isn't even home. So, I text him. He tells me that he wants me to go out and have fun with Allegra and not worry about him.

I stare at the text until Allegra is in front of me, holding a dear smile to her lips.

"All ready?"

"For what?" I counter.

"Well, I can't spoil it yet!"

Oddly, although Allegra and I have never really had a long conversation, I feel comfortable.