Chapter 4

"Drew..." I warned lowly. "Don’t you dare--" 

My speech was cut off when I saw him dash for the door, but it wasn’t as fast as he moved last night. I smirked, remembering that the chives was still in his system. 

"Shit, I'm weak," he cursed softly.

"Yes and I will shoot you again if you go after Nathan," I warned, meaning every word. I might not be able to kill him, but I'll surely shoot him again if he goes after my friend. 

He peered at me in both annoyance and desperation. "But he wants you." He gritted through his teeth. I walked further into my room and stopped a few feet away from him as I pointed an accusing finger at him. 

"Weren’t you the one who specifically said you didn’t want me?" I put emphasis on the 'didn’t', because I was sure that not even ten minutes ago, he was going on about how I trapped him blah blah blah. "Isn’t this supposed to be what you want? If I'm with Nathan then you can be free or whatever." 

I still didn’t a hundred percent believe his mate crap, but he told me that before last night, his intentions were to  stay away from me 'until I die or marry'. So what's his deal? 

I'm just hoping Nathan still wants to marry me, because I'm really not in the mood for another ball, or even worse, getting to know a new suitor. 

"It doesn’t work like that Amber." 

"Oh then enlighten me!" I snapped, growing real frustrated with his crap. It's never 'like that', yet he doesn’t 'want me'. What the hell does he want from me then? 

"It's a primal thing. And now that you've initiated physical contact with me, even if I don’t want to, It'll be impossible to stay away from you. I told you this." 

"How do I undo it then?" I huffed. I just wanted to be done with him. 

I hate him. I hate him because he has weakened me and I can't find it within myself to kill him. If there's a way I can erase last night from existence and forget this distasteful experience, then I'll do it in the blink of an eye. 

Drew's eyes seemed detached for a while, which only told me that there actually was a way. But then his face grew stern, and his jaws clenched, and I could see that he wasn’t going to tell me even if I demanded it. But why? He obviously isn’t too pleased either that I've 'touched him', so why wouldn’t he want to tell me? 

"There is no way," he muttered in a deep, detached tone. "There is no way to undo a mate bond." 

I narrowed my eyes in slits as I took another step towards him. "There is a way. You just wont tell me." 

"Don’t go to him, Amber, or I will have no choice but to kill him," he said, avoiding my statement. "Is that really the type of blood you would want to have on your hands?" 

I laughed humorlessly before looking at him in disbelief. "Is this some reverse psychology shit? You will not kill him or else..."