Chapter 36

Note: This Chapter contains mature content. If you are not okay with it, you may skip it when you see it starting. 

Enjoy!

*** 

This is exhausting. 

If making daggers wasn't on the ten top list of hard things to make, then I'm marking something out and adding that motherfucker. 

Drew and I had been at it all day, and so far, we've ruined two. I had five golden daggers in total, and as much as I gave up vampire hunting, I wouldn't want to be dagger-less all my life if we ruin them all. 

After taking Elma's advice about melting a dagger to infuse it with my blood, I wanted to waste no time in doing so. But, turns out, gold isn't that easy to melt, let alone mould back together. Not to mention getting the equipment to do it effectively. 

After successfully ruining two, we were on our third and final dagger since I told Drew that we'd melt my jewellery next if this goes bad. It had been two days—and in my book, that's two days too late for Dageian's funeral. 

But of course, I had my mate to calm me down. He never left my side anymore, not even in the days when I was at the castle. He stayed a reasonable distance away, but never too far. 

Hearing what my blood is capable of and the entire story of Dageian's creation made him even more on edge about protecting me. As much as he tries to remain calm and collected, he is constantly watching over his shoulder. I swore to myself that I'd never do this, but last night when he was asleep, I shuffled around his thoughts a little bit since his edginess has been worrying me lately. 

I then discovered that he believed that Dageian would somehow figure out what we're up to and send a vampire after me. After all, he did tell us that he wasn't done with us, so surely, he must have at least one of his little minions watching us. 

Nonetheless, I tried to stay positive and believe that we would get this over with. Dageian is smart, but he can't be that smart, right? Besides, we now know his weakness. And I, for one, will never hesitate to use it. 

He's going down. 

"This seems like it's the one," I said eagerly as Drew poured the molten substance into the carved wood. After our first attempt when we noticed we couldn't remake the dagger's shape on our own, we got someone to carve the perfect form of the dagger, after which Drew compelled him to forget. Finally, we had our ideal shape ready. 

"Yep," he added with a slight smile. However, it dropped when his eyes shifted to my palm that I was wrapping. "You know I hate that we had to do this to you." He held my hand with the most pained expression on his face as if we killed his favourite puppy. 

However, I cupped his cheek in my hands and lifted his face to meet my gaze. "Drew, we had to do it. My hand will heal." 

"I wish you would let me heal you," he mumbled, looking cute like a five-year-old who didn't get his way. I giggled at the sight. 

"I know. But I would only agree to drink vampire blood when I'm severely hurt and draw questions from my mom and Ruby. Small scratches like this will heal on their own." 

"Still. I—"

I cut him off by connecting our lips, knowing damn well that will shut him up. 

I understood that as my mate, he wouldn't want to see me hurt, even if it's just a knife cut through my palm. So, I didn't argue with him when it came to my wellbeing or safety. We did, however, argue two days ago when he suggested using my dad's blood instead and compelling him to forget after. Obviously, I was against it. I didn't want to bring my dad into this. At all.