Chapter 15

Have you ever imagined a moment in life when all you feel in unthinkable, unspeakable fear?

I wasn’t the person who gets afraid. In fact, I was never a person to fear anything or anyone at all. I was always sure of myself and even if I wasn’t, I was brave.

But now, I felt afraid. Not for myself, but for Nathan--someone I’ve known all my life and cared for like a brother.

I wasn’t going to lose someone else to vampires too. I refused to.

My shocked state didn’t last like the last time, and I quickly recovered as I  dashed towards the table that we were formerly seated at, grabbing my purse quickly when I heard Nathan screaming out.

I gazed over my shoulder frantically, seeing that the vampire had his teeth in his neck, sucking away his life little by little. My breathing was heavy and nervous as I dug even further through my belongings. Luckily, I’ve never left  my house unprepared.

“Amber! Run!” Nathan shouted with his eyes swimming with fear for himself and me as he writhed in the vampire’s grip.

The bloodsucker was taller than him with blonde hair and piercings all over his face. His eyes were closed as if he was enjoying his meal, and it was evident that his grip was only tightening on Nathan.

Finally, my fingers circled around the small vile as I grabbed it from my bag. I popped the cover from it with my teeth which revealed the long needle beneath, and I flung it straight for the vampire’s head. It struck his forehead with ease, and his grip immediately began loosening on Nathan as he stumbled back a bit.

Nathan’s body was still shaking and his eyes were wide as he shrugged himself from the blonde’s grasp. His eyes darted between me and the vampire in confusion as he stumbled over to me, with his navy blue blazer now soaked in his blood.

The vampire glared at me with his teeth baring as he grabbed the vile with chives from his forehead. It wasn’t enough to weaken him completely, but it was enough for us to get away.

I wasted no time in grabbing Nathan around his shoulders as I pulled him to the exit. The workers were gone, and this was both good and bad. It meant they saw what happened and ran, which is good considering they won’t be hurt, but bad because they witnessed a live vampire attack, and can spread this news to everyone.

“I got you,” I said in a hushed voice as I continued to help Nathan out. 

He was already so weak, considering the amount of blood he lost. His eyes were drooping and he could barely walk. I wanted to go back and kill that motherfucking vampire, but I needed to get my friend help first.

“What-what was that?” he asked, sounding traumatised. I then realised that he was still losing blood.

“Shit.” 

Avoiding his question, I searched for a handkerchief from his pockets and applied pressure to his wound. It should heal soon, given that he was still alive, but the two deep holes were causing him to grow weaker by the second.

In some miraculous way, I was able to keep the cloth to his neck while still helping him walk.

“There you go. We’re almost there,” I mumbled in what I hoped was a soothing voice as I continued to head for the exit.

“Amber, what was that?” he asked again in a stronger voice with his fear and confusion quite obvious. I sighed. How do I explain this?

I didn’t have to. I could get to Drew come and compel--

My Vampire Mate जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें