Chapter 5

Finally the night had fallen, and I pulled the straps of my boot tight across my ankles with nothing but determination in my mind. 

I had to find that damn vampire tonight so I can have him undo whatever he did to me. 

Every passing second after I accepted Nathan's marriage proposal yesterday had been torturous hell. I had no clue how, but the longer I think about it, the worse I feel. The pain in my stomach would come suddenly like a stab and then my chest would contract painfully every time I think about the duke. 

It had to be Drew. Before I met him and he possessed me with his 'mate bond', I'd been feeling different. I'm going to make him undo it. 

He knew a way, but he refused to tell me yesterday. I was too lenient, but I'm not anymore. 

Grabbing my loaded duty belt, I slipped through my bedroom door as I did every night when I went vampire hunting, ensuring the coast was clear before heading down the hall to my escape route. As always, I ensured that I was out of all the cameras' views as I slipped around every corner and crevices like the pro I am, ensuring I was dodging every guard as I went. 

No one at home knew what I did at night. No one, not even Ruby, was allowed to barge in my room after 7 p.m. unless I personally asked, so I had no issue with the secrecy. No one can know about it either. It is for my safety and theirs. 

It's my duty. And even though I will have to stop soon when I'm married, I will hunt those blood sucking monsters until my very wedding night. 

And one particular vampire had it coming tonight. 

I finally reached the abandoned library door at the far end of the castle, which had an old door that led out back of the castle. It was my siblings' way of getting out before they died, so I thought  it would've been smart to use the same escape route. 

The cool September air almost soothed my snappy nerves, yet it wasn’t helping as much as it used to. I was off my game tonight, which might be dangerous hence why I wasn’t going after any other vampire than the one I needed to see. He messed with me and I couldn’t think straight. 

Reaching my hidden motorcycle, I didn’t even bother to put on my helmet as I roared it to life and sped into town. 

I was aware that I have been hunting vampires for years, yet I have never come across Drew until just now. He had to be good at hiding to hide from me. So finding him could be a problem. Still, I was more than determined. Even if I have to turn the whole island of Consok upside down to find him, then I will. 

He said he was leaving, my subconscious interrupted, reminding me of the note he left yesterday. He said he was leaving me alone, not necessarily leaving. 

Was this a plan of his? To trap me too as he was 'trapped' and torture me? 

He'd be cruel if that was his plan. But then again, he's a vampire. 

The town was  still awake by the time I arrived--the perfect time for the vampire to be hunting for dinner. It was sick.