Chapter 37

Have you ever felt like you were on top of the moon? Like a continuous bubble of euphoria that lingers around you, even when all hell is breaking loose around you?

Have you ever felt what it's like to be loved, cherished, admired and most of all, be one with someone else? Well, I have. And since the night Drew and I completed the mating bond, I had been floating ever since.

I have no clue how, but being with Drew in that way brought us closer as if we were connected through both body and soul, yet we are two different people. I can't explain it thoroughly, but all I know is that I wouldn't give it up for the world.

For the past two nights, it has been all we've done. It's like I can't get enough of him, and when we finally stopped was when I grew exhausted and fell asleep. But everywhere, every time we got the chance, we were ravishing each other's bodies.

Again and Again.

It doesn't even bother me that it has steered us from the real issue at hand in our lives. We still had the plan for Dageian in our agendas ready, but I had to admit, making love with Drew had really distracted me from our ultimate goal. I was all over him every chance I got.

Like now.

"Amber, we need to go over the plan one more time, remember?" Drew mumbled as he nipped the sensitive area on my neck. I laughed at his contradictory actions.

"I know. But can it wait five minutes?"

"Five?" He chuckled as he gripped my waist and hauled me on top of the kitchen island. "How about fifteen?"

He brought his head from my neck to look at me, and just like always, his eyes were dark and brooding, drawing me in with his inviting desire. I tried to clench my thighs together, but Drew was between my legs, so I only ended up pulling him closer to me instead.

"Hhhmm. Eager, are we?" he taunted before he dipped his head down and captured my lips. It was immediate fire as we moved our mouths hungrily against each other, and his hands were already on my button, trying to pry my jeans off. I didn't protest. In fact, I tried to help him.

I lifted my rear from the island as he tried to pull the jeans from my waist. I internally cursed myself for wearing such tight jeans. Even though I didn't want to, we momentarily broke our kiss as I tried to push the skinny jeans down, but then I felt Drew's entire body stiffen, not just his friend that I wanted to meet again so eagerly. Then there was a loud 'ah-hem' from the doorway of the kitchen, showing that we were no longer alone.

We flinched away from each other as we glared in the direction of the doorway. Standing there was Veronica in all her red-headed beauty, and maybe my mind was a bit hazy, but I could've sworn that she bad-eyed us a bit before she actually smirked.

"People eat there, you know?" she said as she crossed her arms over her chest. I rolled my eyes at her as I hopped from the island, now annoyed that my time with Drew was interrupted. Sometimes I even forgot that she was staying here. I was also surprised that she was here so long since Drew always said that she didn't stay at one place too long.

But then again, after all that happened, I knew she was just being here for Drew.