Chapter 19

If there was never a time that I wanted to believe in the impossible, I knew I had to now. 

After seeing the way Nathan left as if the whole conversation we had didn’t even exist made me know for sure that Drew wasn’t lying. 

I actually compelled him. Maybe it wasn’t the same like when the vampires do it, because he didn’t look like a zombie. But I surely did something, and I wanted to know how. 

“How the fuck did I do that?” I asked, even though I’m aware that I was asking for a whole lot of information that Drew probably doesn’t have. 

He shook his head. “I don’t know…” 

“But?” I urged, sensing that he knew something. 

He sighed before he pulled his phone from his pocket. He dialled a number as he led us back to where the twins were waiting. 

Even they looked confused. They must’ve seen when Nathan left. '

“Lorenzo? Yea, Amber and I have something to deal with tonight. The twins will join you shortly. Let me know how it’s going.” 

Drew ended the call before Lorenzo was able to answer, and I didn’t bother protesting, since I wanted to know what he knows. 

“You’re leaving?” Max asked as he leant against my motorcycle. I growled and he flinched away. 

“Yes. I’ll see you all tomorrow.” Drew’s voice was sharp and dismissive, something I have never seen before, but it was strangely hot. 

The weirdest things turned me on. 

He climbed onto my bike and I raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at him as he gestured for me to get on. Did he really think I was going to let him drive my baby? 

“Where are we going?” I asked, still glued to my spot. 

He rolled his eyes at my drama but replied anyway. “I am taking you to my place. We need to talk.” 

“But--” 

“Just get on, Amber.” 

His tone cut right through me. On one end I wanted to scold him for speaking to me with such an edge in his voice, while on the other hand I wanted to make out with him. Eventually , I decided to do as he said and climbed onto the back. 

I wrapped my arms around his waist as he started to move off. 

“Round up as many of the rogues as you can tonight. Remember, our home is not safe as long as they’re here,” Drew told the twins before we left. 

Our home. 

This is their home too as much as it is the humans’. And they were fighting every night to get it back.