Chapter 18

My temper could be described as a single dynamite in a warehouse engulfed in fire. I wasn't the easiest person to soothe, nor did I tolerate annoyance quite well. 

The simplest thing could set that dynamite on fire, and there was no going back once I'm pissed. Anyone who knew me for five seconds could know it by a single conversation with me. 

But when Max mentioned that they couldn't find Nathan, I neither felt angry, nor annoyed. In fact, I simply sat there on my bike as Drew stared at me in anticipation. He knew I was a ticking time bomb, and he also knew that something like this would've set me off, but oddly I was calm. 

"Where was the last place you saw him?" I asked calmly as Drew watched me sceptically. 

"Uh--right here. He didn't leave his hotel room all day yesterday, nor today. He didn't even ask for food to be sent up. He didn't leave, and I didn't barge inside to compel him, since you told me that I should respect his privacy." 

"Which I regret now." I groaned as I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. 

"But then I figured that he should've been out by now and I was getting hungry too, so I decided to go in. When I did, the room was empty," he explained after which was followed by silence. 

"Have you tried to track him down?" Drew asked with a concentrated look on his face. 

"Yea. Mason and I have been on it. My guess is that he went to the castle. Where else would he go?" 

He had a point. If Nathan isn't compelled, then the next place he would go is here to warn me or ensure I'm okay. But I had been home all day and I had seen no sign of him. 

"Okay, Max. Continue searching. The duke is our main priority tonight. Have Alisha and Lorenzo deal with the rogues."

"Gotcha." 

I sighed as the call came to an end. This was definitely not what I was expecting. 

"Do you wanna head back inside for a quick search? I can search the whole place in a minute," Drew offered, but it's not like we had a choice. We had to find him before he tells anyone. Especially my parents.