Chapter 9

Pulse racing, mind swirling and toes curling.

That’s all I felt when Drew’s lips met mine. 

I have never done anything close to this, yet it felt so natural. The way how I melted flush against him and how his lips felt like they were made to meet mine sent me to a certain bliss that I’ve never known my whole life.

Slowly, he began moving his lips on mine in a majestic rhythm and I made no hesitation in following. He tugged on my hair with one of his hands, inclining my head so he could get more of me, and I gladly gave him. I gave him everything that I should’ve been opposing.

I gave him what I’ been cursing from the very second I met him. I gave him myself in that kiss, and I knew there was no going back.

His grip in my side tightened as he moved his lips faster and I could feel my heart threatening to beat out of my chest as I grew weaker by the second. I’ve never felt so vulnerable and desperate at someone’s mercy, let alone a vampire. Yet, I was at Drew’s mercy in a whipped mess of tingles.

My body burnt for him, especially as he trailed his finger up my arm, leaving a fiery trail behind it that almost sent me whimpering.

“You’re mine,” he repeated as he kissed down my cheeks. My lips parted but I couldn’t find myself saying anything. My mind was cloudy and my breath was so shallow that my head went light.

“You’re mine too,” I heard myself say, evoking a groan of approval from him which gave me satisfaction.

What was I doing? Was I really in my room kissing a vampire? The creatures I hunt for a living?

Yes I was. 

And in that moment, I didn’t regret it. It felt so right. Every kiss he trailed down my cheek and to my neck felt like a permanent stain of ardour. I knew nothing at that moment except he wasn’t lying when he said we were mates.

There couldn’t have been another way to prove it. The way my body and soul responded to him were almost on instinct, and though my future was still uncertain, I knew this was where I should be.

In Drew’s arms.

I had no clue what sick plan fate had for mating us, but I no longer wanted to fight it. I couldn’t.

My nerves went crazy when I felt sharp teeth grazing my neck as he continued to harass my neck with his kisses. The feeling drove me crazy, and I found myself tipping on my toes just so I could feel more of him. 

I needed to have more of him.

“Amber?” he grunted against me, still kissing like he had no other source of redemption.

“Yes?” I managed to say through short breaths.

“Can I?”

“Yes,” I replied almost immediately. He hesitated for a while, but then he rose to kiss my lips again.