Chapter Nineteen

Draco pulled Hermione and managed to dodge the spell in time. Pushing Draco back, Hermione looked around the tree and saw Ron, so furious that his face was as red as his hair. Her mouth dropped open when she saw him raise his wand again. "Run" she said urgently to Draco.

Grabbing her hand he pulled her into the trees as another curse soared at the couple. Draco's grip was like iron on her hand, as they ran through the trees. Ron was chasing them like a wolf as he shouted curses at then.

Hermione's arm felt like it would fall off as Draco continued to pull her through the dark woods. She could barely see where she was going. Ron was closing in on them as the snow and frozen leaves crunched under their feet. "Draco go please. Leave me behind. Ron won't hurt me, he's after you"

The pain resurfaced in his eyes "no I can't leave you again Hermione" he pulled her up the hill into the cover of the trees. Hermione was breathing hard "Draco you have to. I can't let Ron hurt you. Please go" tears ran down her face.

Torn, Draco looked at Hermione then back to the hill where weaslebee was trying to run up. He couldn't leave her again. But like always she was right. Wiping her tears, he held her face in his hands. "I love you Hermione. I'll come back for you once it's safe. I promise." Draco pressed his lips to hers in one last kiss.

By the time Ron got up the snow covered hill huffing and puffing, Draco had apparated from the woods. He was gone again and Hermione was on her knees, her face in her hands. Hot tears ran down her face as she silently cried. "So you and Malfoy?" Ron's voice was dangerously quietly as he held his wand out.