Chapter Twenty Seven

The door opened and Fleur entered inside with a tray of food and water for Hermione. The young witch was still laying on her bathroom floor sniffling. With a wave of a wand a tissue floated to Hermione. Looking up, Hermione caught sight of Fleur dressed in her normal clothes. Her blonde hair was pulled back.

Taking a seat beside Hermione, she set the food down and held her arms out. Hermione wiped her face and rushed into her arms. They stayed like that for who knows how long, with Fleur holding Hermione as soft tears fell. Finally they stopped and Hermione pulled back.

"The boys told me what he did for you." Fleur spoke softly to the young witch. "That was a very brave thing going against his family. He must really love you." Tears pricked in Hermione's eyes again hearing those words. "But sweet girl you must know that he's strong. Stronger than any of us give him credit for. He will fight and come back to you like he always has. You must keep hope Hermione. Without hope we have nothing. We are nothing."

After speaking softly with each other, Fleur managed to get Hermione to eat. As she did the older witch brushed the girls toffee colored curls. Hermione, at that moment, didn't feel as if she was drowning anymore. She felt as if she had broken to the surface and was gasping for air.

Narcissa burst into the cell which held her son, husband, sister and professor Snape. All heads turned to her except for one. "What have you done?!" She screamed. The witch had know her son was locked down here but tortured, not until yesterday. With wide eyes she rushed to the beaten and bloody figure of her son.

"Draco...Draco wake up." Narcissa shook the boy. His head slumped to one side as his chains rattled. His beautiful china doll pale skin was covered in bruises in nasty shades of purple, blue and black. In haste she unchained the young boy and his body fell forward, into her arms. Her sons blood smearing on the witches clothes. She continued to shake him.

He didn't move. Draco was bleeding so much that the air was thick with the metallic scent of blood. The others in the room simply watched. Frantically she pressed her fingers to his throat, desperately searching for a pulse. It was silent in the cell. But then Narcissa cried out, tears in her eyes. "You've kill him! You've killed my son!"