Chapter 2

I finally arrive at the cafe. I am all wet from the rain but it isn't that uncomfortable for me. But I have to be honest I would prefer to be dry then have my clothes stick to my skin right now.

,,My god. Daisy, where is your umbrella? It's pouring out there.,, Jimmy says worried while he walks up to me. Not even really greeting me.

,,Hey to you too, Jim.,, I smile and hug him. ,,I am fine, I promise. don't worry.,, I assure him as he pulls away.

,,No. You are literally drenched, you're going to get sick and you know how the last time went.,,

I roll my eyes annoyingly ,,I'm okay, believe me.,, Jimmy glances at me with a serious and concerned look on his face while pulling off my wet jacket.

I just nod, not wanting to argue any longer.

,,Just sit down and i'll bring you something warm.,, He ordered me. ,,I'll turn the heater on at your table and I'll get you a small blanket, I'll be right back.,,.

,,But-,, I tried to speak ,,No ice coffee today, sorry kiddo. I'll make you a warm coffee. It'll be just as delicious.,, He says.

I roll my eyes. Again. Concerned-Jimmy always treats me like a kid. I mean I'm greatful that he is worried for me, but the last time I got sick just ended a little dangerous but I'm alive now. But still, I won't discuss anything because I am not a little kid.

***

After an hour of writing a few chapters and deleting them over and over again. I get a notification on my phone and on my laptop at the same time.
New message from Agent Valentina.

I sigh. I don't want to open her message. I bet it's about having to finish the book.

I fall into my chair and lean my head on the edge of the chair.

You have to open to open it. Ignoring isn't an option.
We'll, I hope, no, pray it's good news.
I open the message from my laptop and read her text.

Valentina: Hey honey, I have good news! Bella went on a vacation and delayed the publish date. She just texted me it's someday in January. Isn't that awesome!? Anyway, good luck with the book. No need to stress, you got more time now. I believe in you, sweetie.
PS: Hope your're doing ok. Bye.

I start cheering quietly at those news. Then smile at the rest of her text.

Ever since Valentina found out my mom passed away she kind of got worried for me. She thought I was suicidal and that I wanted to end it all. After we had a few chats she got a bit looser about everything, but she still kind of looks out for me sometimes. And I appreciate it.

But anyway, my prayers have been answered! I am so happy I got more time. To be honest I don't know if i would have actually finished it before new years. But no worries I got more time now thanks to Bella, my publisher who helps me with the publishing of my books and discusses everything about that stuff with my team and Valentina.

I wish you the best vacation, B. Thank you.

I take a glance outside and it's dark. How long have I been sitting here? I take another look inside of the cafe and i haven't noticed that there is only one other guy left. Though he isn't drinking or eating something. He's washing the tables. Wait.. I have never seen him here before and I know every employee of Jimmy's cafe. Must be someone new. Jimmy never said anything about-

,,Hey, you leaving now?,, Jimmy appears from the restroom.

I hope Jimmy didn't saw me staring at his new employee. ,,Uh I- Yeah I was about to leave, I just wanted to say goodbye to you. So..,,

Jimmy raises his eyebrows like he's waiting for me to do something- Oh he's waiting for me to say goodbye omg. Of course, what am I still doing here?

,,Oh Yeah- Bye and thanks for the coffee, Jim. Love ya!,, I blow him a kiss and put on my jacket to finally get out of there.

That was embarrassing. Why am I acting so weird suddenly? Jimmy is probably wondering what the actual fuck that was. Even I am confused. Whatever, I just want to get home to my cat and get some sleep.