Chapter 12

,,Daisy!,, I hear Jimmy calling from my kitchen.

I unlock the bathroom door and walk out. ,,Yeah?,,.

,,Listen, I need to get a few things but I'll be right back.,, He says in a hurry.

Why is he in a rush all the time? It can't be because of his job as a coffee shop owner.

,,Jimmy, you okay?,, I ask worried.

He smiles and sighs, ,,Of course I'm okay. I just need to pick up stuff for the cafe.,,

So all the stress is because of his job? ,,Ok. But don't.. you know, don't exaggerate youself, Jim. See ya.,, I say as I open the door for him.

,,I won't, I promise. See you later, kiddo.,, He says leaving my apartment.

I close the door behind me. ,,It's only us two, again, Lu.,, I say as I look at my cat.

I remember the first time I had to shower her. I thought I would end up with scratches and that she would reject touching water, but she actually stayed in the bathtub and let me wash her. That was one of the proudest moments of my life after my mom died. I felt so good about myself and my love grew more for Luna after that. I was so thankful that I got a cat. I swear if I were a cat I would be just like her. We both are chill and sleep most of the day. We have a lot in common, though she is a cat. That's why I love her.

I look into my refrigerator and pull out some left out pizza from yesterday. Actually from today because I ordered it at 2 in the morning because I got hungry.

I put the pizza in the microwave and set it for two minutes.

My doorbell start to ring. Jimmy? Is he already here? Did he forget something?

I walk to the door and open it to see my neighbour standing in front of me. Not Jimmy. It's Elijah.

No I can't do this. I need to hide. I promised myself not to look at him again.

I close the door in his face. No, I also can't do that to him. This is too complicated. He's probably here to embarrass me again. Still, I can't leave him outside and ghost him forever.

He knocks softly and I hear him say, ,,Daisy, is everything okay? Do you want me to leave. If that's what you want, than I will leave,,

Yes. ,,No. Wait, I'm coming.,, I say before he can leave. I take a deep breath and open the door.

He's standing in front of me, wearing a suit. Why is he dressed like he's going to a casino? Maybe he's about to ask me out.. No of course not. Never ever. Maybe he's here for advice? As if he needed any from me.

,,Hey, you,, I say. You?

,,Hey, Darling. So what do you think?,, He asks stepping back so I have a better pov of him.

Darling? Fuck, don't blush. Act cool. You didn't hear it. I narrow my eyes and say, ,,Looks cute. Why?,,.

He looks at me in disbelieve and laughs. ,,Cute? No, this is suppose to look handsome. And I'm asking you because I wanted your opinion, that's it. But now that you called this cute, I don't want it anymore.,, He says turning to his apartment.

Since when is he so serious?

I feel horrible now. I sigh ,,Wait,, I can't believe I didn't let him leave ,,I'm sorry. It looks good, really good actually. But why did you ask me? I mean, you said you wanted my opinion but at least tell me about the lucky girl you're out with,, What am I saying? I couldn't care less about his dates. It's probably this one chick that I heard in his apartment once.