4. Yup. Only Hikigaya Hachiman understands the perks of being a loner

CHAPTER 4

'The question is: what I want to change by? But is changing really the right thing to do? People say that once you change, your world will change for you. That isn't correct, and yet people believe that and change themselves to match the expectations of others. They throw away all their likes, dislikes, hobbies— everything— all to be accepted. Therefore, I have decided not to change for someone because I am satisfied with myself, even if others aren't. The world will not change to a more otaku accepting society so why change if people wouldn't acknowledge your existence anyways? That's why the question should be: how will you change the world?"

"Miyuki... Did the Humanity Club change you at all? Now I'm feeling all depressed inside!" Suzuki-sensei enunciated through her gritted teeth, holding out my new and improved essay with a glare.

I sighed loudly in agreement as I put a chip in my mouth. "I swear. Why do such losers have to be apart of that club? I'm telling you that you should disband it before it gets worse there. It's not beneficial at all."

   Instead of taking my words into account, my homeroom teacher held up a fist instead. A really dark and malicious aura surrounded her, and colour drained from my face at the sight of it.

"Do you really—"

   I held up my arms in defence and squeaked to stop her, "No! I'm sorry!"

"I believe that they will be able to change you but you aren't letting them! Why be so stubborn to change? Don't you want friends?" she asked and I played with the Pocky in my mouth.

"Friends only lead to drama, stress, and multiple problems. I'd rather not get involved with 3-D people if I don't have to."

Suzuki-sensei sighed at my discord. "Friends lead to kindness, teamwork, and fun. C'mon, give them a chance."

"They're a pain to deal with so no," I replied instantly, checking over my nails. "Being a loner is completely fine by me. There's perks to being alone all the time. And I don't have to worry about impressing anyone. Everyone should come join my side really."

Suzuki-sensei deadpanned. "First of all, that statement is completely untrue, and second, friends are a lot more than you think. You're just telling yourself you enjoy it, but nobody likes isolation, Miyuki." She smiled. "Make some friends, mingle a little more, and you'll understand."

With a frown, I looked up at her and pursed my lips. "You just want me out of your room during the breaks, right?"

"Oh, I'm glad you understand that!" My homeroom teacher wiped away a sweat and relaxed in her seat, completely chipper to know that I saw right through her as usual. I leered at her before rolling my eyes.

One hell of a teacher I've got there. And she says I was the devil. Please, nobody could ever be as corrupted as her...

Before I could retort something to oni-sensei over here, the door to her office opened, revealing a familiar redhead.

"Oh, Suzuki-sensei, Takeda-sensei wants to see you," Hinata said, entering into the room.

The brunette didn't waste any time to get up on her feet and head towards the doorway. "Hinata, watch Miyuki for me so she won't escape her detention," she said quickly before her departure. "Who knows what other excuses she'll make up by the time I come back."

I glowered after her. She treated me like some kind of pest...

If only I could throw her into Attack on Titan and allow those titans to eat her alive. Hearing her screams of terror whilst being chased by those horrific things will be music to my ears. Then, I will stay at a good distance away with my 3-D maneuvering gear, laughing at her and telling her "I told you so! Anime prepared me with this equipment in case titans came and invaded the world but of course you wouldn't know about it because you slandered it your entire life! Eating your words now like how that titan's eating your head huh? You wanna come join this side now, huh?"