8. Damn right! I hit that spike like Hinata! ...Oh no, not that one

CHAPTER 8

The open sun.

The tranquil waters.

Oppais.

Shirtless guys.

When you think of the beach, every anime has at least one episode dedicated to fan service and that episode results in going to the beach.

If it took place in a harem, it'd be oppai heaven.

In a reverse harem, shirtless guys and cute scenes to fawn over.

In a comedy, romance, action, adventure, etc., there was always that awkward event and that perverted character.

But then again, I knew everyone had a soft spot for fan service, secretly or not (we all perverts inside, I know). Honestly though, it relieved the stress of the plot and added some humour into the mix of the anime; you were bound to like at least one or two of the scenes that came with them, depending on what type of person you were, of course.

Which was why this was pretty depressing.

"Beach?" I repeated after Saki called me on my cell. Summer vacation had just begun and she was talking to me eagerly about going to the beach.

"Please! Everyone else is coming!" she pleaded. I knew that if I was with her in person, she'd be pouting and clinging to my arm right about now.

Scratching the back of my head, I yawned. "No way. I don't want to," I said. I slightly regretted the words right when they left my mouth but I wasn't going to take them back no matter what.

It was every otaku's dream to live that wonderful beach experience but to most, definitely on that caliber, it never happened and probably never will.

Cue le tears, chibi-style.

Obviously, I hadn't lived the experience either. But the reason I was refusing this ultimately close chance of going to the beach was because of one main thing: I knew for a fact I wouldn't enjoy myself around those losers.

"Please! Just this once!"

"Going swimming with a bunch of people I have a hard time dealing with normally is something I'll pass on. Bye," I told her flatly and hung up without a second thought.

I sighed loudly and made my way to the living room. I flopped down onto my stomach on the couch and picked up the remote. I know, it was shocking. I watched TV. Usually I'd take the time to watch some anime to pass my summer days by but today was just way too hot to bundle myself up in my bed and go on my laptop.

When my eyes grazed the name of my favourite channel and show I frequently watched, I clicked it immediately.

"This show will continue next week due to the stars going on vacation!" a female stated with a microphone pointed to her mouth. She wore a bathing suit, and with it, it all clicked. "To the beach guys!" she cried.

She did a cannonball into some random pool and the screen went blank. Then, commercials began to play. Every channel I flipped to after that went on about the summer and the heat, so I groaned in frustration.

"People going on and on about the beach... Who the freak cares about that," I grumbled, putting a pillow over my ears. "If you want to see the beach scene so bad, just watch any anime out there and you'll find one!"

"Nee-san! Yui and I are heading out soon!" called my little brother, Yuki, from the other room.

"Heading out?" I repeated, perplexed. "Where?"

"To the beach of course! Everyone's going!" My little sister instead poked her head from the living room entrance and smiled. "You're always going to be a lazy bum, huh, Miyu-nee. You should make some friends already and have some fun."