5. Let's go all Detective Conan on this case!

CHAPTER 5

"Hey... how did it end up like this?" Yamamoto Saki whined to me.

I could only sigh, peering down at our now muddy clothes. "It's your fault for wanting to take on that request," I said.

She shook her head with a defensive pout. "No! It's your fault for trying to take the 'easy way' out!"

I flinched for a moment before firmly crossing my arms. "I was forced into doing this so it's understandable."

Yup... Me, Hoshino Miyuki, was actually doing something productive... I sighed dejectedly.

This was one heck of a day.

.

.

.

Flashback: Yesterday in the Clubroom...

.

.

.

"Ugh, I'm hungry..." I groaned, clutching my grumbling stomach.

"How? You just ate all our snacks!" Hiro cried.

I tilted my head back in his direction. In his usual seat on the sofa, magazine bunched in his hand and snapback positioned lopsidedly on his head, Hiro's eyes were narrowed into a fierce scowl. It was nothing new, really, but it still succeeded in causing me to sigh.

"They were just sitting there, waiting to be eaten," I said in defence. "And besides, food is needed for a growing girl such as myself."

"I don't think you'll grow anymore at your age."

I glared at him for a moment then sarcastically scoffed, "Should someone as short as yourself really be critiquing me?"

"Shut up! I'm taller than you!"

"Keep it down over there! I come here for peace and quiet!" Yuji called over to us.

"How is this place quiet?" I demanded. "I wish it was. Just watch, someone will burst through the doors any minute now, begging for help which we actually have to agree to," I sneered, and just as if the world had read my mind, the door burst open, revealing a familiar brunette.

"The great Yamamoto Saki has arrived!" the girl announced, as she did every day. I groaned, flopping down onto the cough. Kill me now.

I couldn't watch anime because my phone was dead, I forgot my favourite manga at the moment Oresama Teacher at home, and I didn't even have any snacks to quench my insatiable hunger.

Ugh... I really want to read about Hayasaka some more~ Today really sucked...

Oh wait, maybe Saki had something.

"Do you have food?" I called over to her.

She shook her head with a smile. "Nope, I ate all of my snacks on the way here." Her response invoked a groan from my mouth. "But," she went on anyway, "I do have something better!"

"I don't care anymore. Leave me alone," I murmured, burying my face into the sofa. What could be better than food? Other than anime, of course.

"You're so mean, Mi-chan! But I'll disregard your negativity for today! I've got someone you'll all be interested in!" Saki grinned at once, twirling around to face the doorway. "Come on in, Rin-chan!"

A girl with wavy brown hair entered into the clubroom. All eyes curiously travelled over to this middle schooler all the while I died a little on the inside. Oh great, so she didn't get the thought of bringing extra food, but instead settled for more work for us to do.