7. It's not like I'm a demon that has solved all the riddles in the demon world

CHAPTER 7

I wasn't curious. Not at all. Why would I ever tell myself that I am? I'm not. Like, what does the word even mean? It should be uninterested because I really could care less about that Kagamine Len look-alike. I actually am not interested in that what those idiots in the club are doing at all. Stop silently judging me like that, my conscience. I swear, the only thing I'm interested in is anime! Not real people—

"Huh, Hoshino! You came to help us?"

I stopped abruptly in my tracks. Glancing upwards, I was met to see the face of that melodramatic wannabe. Behind him were the rest of the idiots in the club, plus Kazuya Jr., just standing there staring at me.

Fixing my slouch, I cleared my throat. And I ended up here... Stupid conscience. It won.

"No way, you really did?" Wannabe cried in surprise. "How amazing of you, Hoshino! I knew you'd come around. It was impossible to stay away from this club— and me— after all."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Sending a glare his way, I scoffed, "Yeah right. Get the hell away from me, Wannabe."

Tamaki #2's jaw fell. "B-but...but..."

Yuji came up and patted his shoulder. "You have to learn your limits."

"I-I th-thought for sure this time..."

"There, there."

"Miyu-neesama."

At the call of my name, I glanced downwards to see it was the vocaloid freshman, staring up at me with his left eye sparkling. His right eye was probably the same underneath his bangs, but just seeing a look so innocent made my black heart melt inside...

My mouth dropped. No. What are you thinking, Miyuki? You do not find this look-alike cute! Stop it!

I needed to get out of here.

I put on my most vicious expression. "What did you want kid? I was about to head home to watch anime."

The boy flinched in shock. For a split second I thought I saw scorn written on his face. But before I could question it, his head hung. "U-um, it's nothing..."

Hearing his response, I opened my mouth to say "are you kidding me right now?" when I was rudely interrupted.

"It's getting late. Let's call it a day," Hiro said. He most likely did it to rid the dark tension I had brought with me.

"Let's continue the search tomorrow," Yuji agreed.

Hinata nodded. "That'll be better."

Saki held up her hand. "Oh, oh! I have an idea!"

Everyone spared her a glance.

"Since Mi-chan agreed to help but didn't help at all, tomorrow she should be the one to lead the search instead of us!"

My eyeballs nearly bulged from their sockets. "What? Why me?"

"I just told you!" she cheered, already walking off with the rest of them. "Now, let's go home everyone!"

"They're such..." I fumed as they left. "I knew I shouldn't have come. Jeez...it's not like I'm a demon that has solved all the riddles in the demon world and have come to earth just to feast on all the riddles earth has to offer. I don't even have perfect detective skills like Neuro or have an assistant who eats a lot like Yako so finding this stupid ring will be difficult and a lot of work... I could be watching anime instead..."

"Uh...you don't need to help out if you don't want to," Tatsuya commented.

I gave the kid a 'what-did-you-just-say?' look.