42. I have fictional expectations!

CHAPTER 42

"Miyuki, how would you like to be my date to a party?"

I slowly set my bag onto my desk, fluttering my eyelids. Yuji had spun around and propped his arm against my desk, his brown eyes carrying a mischievous glint.

A bundle of confusion welled up inside me, more so upon the large smile painting the bottom half of his face. I looked around the fairly empty classroom, seeing as it was too early for school to begin, then back down towards him.

"A what?"

"A party," Yuji insisted, proving my ears weren't playing a trick on me.

My brows knitted together as I pulled back my chair to sit. "Um, I don't party."

He elevated his shoulder. "That's fine, I don't either. We'll be the perfect pair."

Despite the strange look I sent his way, his toothy grin reached his ears.

"It's this upcoming Saturday," he said. "I'll send you the details."

"But I didn't even..." My words died in my throat, mainly because Yuji was already typing away into his phone. My cell vibrated in my pocket just as he shut his off. My face fell in distaste. "What is this party for anyway?"

Yuji's chuckle wrung me with unease. I waited for him to elaborate but honestly, before he did, the slyness in his gaze was enough of an answer.

"Let's just say this is something I've been looking forward to for a very long time."

——————————————————

"Oh, you're gorgeous."

My pace slowed to a halt. I awkwardly rose my gaze to Yuji who had taken off his helmet after pulling up to my house. He had a teasing smirk playing at his lips, only instigating a sense of embarrassment within me. I spared a moment to stare down at the simple dress I was wearing, overlapped by my leather coat. I even put on my fanciest heeled boots and did my hair up in curls.

"You're the one who told me to wear something like this," I pointed out, pursing my lips. "Since you wanted to match."

"I deemed that was the best way to go," he agreed, throwing his leg over his bike to rise to his feet.

Considering the time of evening, it was fairly dark outside but that still didn't hide the matching leather jacket of his. He'd still put on a formal dress shirt and pants, and even slicked his hair back (which ended up a bit tousled due to his helmet anyway). Seeing as an attire so bold brought out an exceptional charm for someone of his status, it was definitely awing.

"Now then," Yuji started, lopsided smile upturning the corner of his lip. He peered past my shoulder and performed a tiny wave. "Good evening!"

Startled, I swivelled around. I knew I shouldn't have been the least surprised to see both my younger siblings as well as my mom poking their heads out the front door. As soon as Yuji had said his greeting, they immediately recoiled. My younger sister was the first to appropriately clear her throat, followed by my smiling mother who'd come back just last night with my dad. I introduced my palm to my face as the three of them stepped out onto the porch. I should've expected they wouldn't let me leave without doing something like this.

"I hear you're taking her to a party," my mom said, a little expectant.

"That's correct, ma'am," Yuji responded as he politely approached the front steps. "I don't believe we've met, but I'm Miyuki's classmate, Sato Yuji."