Final Words

Hey, guys! Thanks so much for sticking with THC. I know I've said this a million times, but I wouldn't have written this book without you. And for that I'm so thankful!

I actually started THC when I was thirteen I believe (one of my first books), and trust me when I say this book has undergone so many rewrites since then. I could never be satisfied and planned it out again and again, stopping for long periods and wanting to scrap the idea altogether. Maybe because when I first started this book, I knew it'd be cringey but it still continued to nagged at me.

But for some reason people enjoyed it??? and encouraged me??? and left such sweet words that made my entire week??? and I knew I didn't want to discontinue it and be selfish. Even now THC became an entirely different book from what I initially planned but I enjoyed it a lot (and maybe you could tell from the second half of the book onwards that I had a lot more fun developing the characters).

Also, I did think this book was going to be a reverse harem but towards the end decided I didn't want it to be one anymore. I love THC because it's a gathering of oddballs who do stupid things together and have fun. I love everyone's platonic friendships and character interactions. And, sure, Miyuki would complement everyone in the story in a romantic relationship, but I can really only see her with one character. So I guess you can kind of consider the last few chapters like going down Hiro's route because it honestly could've branched out in any direction.

Anyway, I know this book was a little (more like a lot) everywhere and such but I really hope you guys enjoyed it!!

Leave me your overall thoughts! Such as what you liked most/least. Who your favourite character(s) is/are? Are you satisfied with the way things ended? If not, tell me why. And if I could improve on anything, what would it be? Etc. Etc.

That said, thank you so much for reading! I may or may not be back to include a couple extras so stay tuned for that. And if you guys have ideas for some, please tell me so I can write them. Anything from character backstories to future scenes goes so don't be shy to suggest. I will always be happy to write them.

Love you all! ❤️

—Misty
(02/16/19)

______

If you enjoyed The Humanity Club, you may also like these other books of mine:

OUTSIDER SYNDROME |

Due to her above-average height, Shiina Kisaragi lives as the constant object of ridicule by her high school peers. Between being an outcast and coming to terms with recent tragedy, Shiina is assured her teenage years will consist of nothing but loneliness and hardship. Though, it isn't long after she encounters a group of good-looking boys possessing much crazier personalities and circumstances that Shiina slowly becomes aware of the perks associated with being an outsider. Also, that her chance at love may actually be a lot closer than she originally thought.