17. Nowhere near as fortunate as Sata Kyouya and Shinohara Erika's relationship

CHAPTER 17

        "I'm here for a request."

        "Request?" Wannabe inquired.

        The boy standing before us bobbed his head of tousled black hair hovering over both his hazel eyes. Despite the confidence and charisma oozing from his appearance, the guy himself was nothing but a timid mess. It was clear his looks didn't suit him. And it was also obvious that this club had finally gotten a means of a job after what felt like centuries.

       Guess that was the end of what was shaping up to be my peaceful life... Yippee.

        Biting on his lower lip, he drew his gaze away from the rest of them who were attentively listening towards me on my respective corner couch. I blinked rapidly, dropping the snacks in my possession and tilted my head to the side. Why was he staring at me like that?

        "H-Hoshino Miyuki-san!" he cried, breaking out into a sudden bow. "Please be my girlfriend!"

        I toppled backwards off the couch and hit the floor with a painful grunt. I could already see stars spiralling around my vision as the rest of the room exploded into equally loud gasps.

         "What?!"

.

.

.

        "Oh... so that's it," Saki muttered.

       "There's a really clingy girl who has a crush on you and no matter how many times you've tried gently letting her down, she's not getting a hint," Hiro summarized.

        "And you think that by getting a fake girlfriend you'll finally get her off of you," finished Yuji with a nod.

        Saki interjected, "Isn't that a little harsh though? I mean, she must really like you if she's been chasing after you for two years now."

        Yuugure Kouichi fiddled relentlessly with the camera strap he had hung around his neck. "It's harsher on me," he said, shaky voice barley surpassing a whisper. "I've told her so many times I don't feel the same way but it seems like whenever I do, things only escalate. Stalking my each and every move, showing up at my house uninvited, threatening our teacher into pairing us up for projects, ruining each and every conversation I've ever had with a girl... I-I'm sick of it."

       Yuji shook his head with a sympathetic breath. "Damn. You got it bad dude."

       "Love, huh?" Saki clasped her hands and twirled around. "Ahh, I want to fall in love, too!"

       "But why Hoshino?" Hiro finally asked the obvious. "Saki would be a better choice."

        I would've demanded the same thing myself but I was still slightly out of commission and recovering.

       "That's because... Yamamoto-san is way out of my league," he stated. "She's way too dazzling for somebody like me, so Aina-san would see right through it. And since I heard there was a duller member of this club, I was hoping that maybe... it'd be more believable."

       "You're that desperate?" Hiro pressed, holding a pointed finger towards me. "Even if you are, please reconsider. You're talking about her, you know! This weirdo of a girl right here—"

I shoved him with enough force to send him rolling over the couch. It made me huff, but it did succeed in silencing him.

Kouichi, albeit bewildered at our exchange, nodded. "Y-yes, I'm well-aware. Even still, Hoshino-san would be an honour."