31. Main characters are always so oblivious

CHAPTER 31

          Come morning, I was awoken by a furious mob.

          Granted, the said 'furious mob' wasn't one aimed towards me, rather the red-faced male pushed back against the wall, a mess of all things awkward.

"I-I swear I don't know! I went to bed on an empty futon and then sh-she just—"

Hibiki didn't buy that. He knelt on one knee, seizing Wannabe's collar and shaking him like a madman. "You corrupted my precious Miyuki! You somehow went into her room to seduce her and talked her into sleeping with you—here of all places! Trying to brag by having your damn arms around her—"

Hiro jumped in to get a chance to yell Wannabe's ear off. "And you even went and drew on our faces with a—"

"Guys, as happy as Kazu should be that he actually got a girl in bed with him, I really don't think he has the balls to draw on our faces." Yuji was the only voice of reason. He sourly wiped at his top lip and at the marking of a bushy moustache. "But I do know someone who would."

I hauled myself forward, groggily rubbing at my eyelids only to find all eyes had steered in my direction. Though I knew I should've been mortified that I had actually fallen asleep in that awkward position, it was morning. The sunlight pouring in from the open window was brighter than my eyes could handle, leaving me to squint. My mind was also still in a sluggish state.

"Good morning." I yawned, craning my head in their direction and resting my chin on my knees.

Slowly fluttering my eyelashes, I took in the fact that all boys (including even Yuji) were frozen in place. No blinking, no talking—I don't even think they were breathing. Bug-eyed and mouth-dropped; their hormones were in disarray.

"Miyuki!" Hibiki's holler jolted my heartbeat, more so when he'd scrambled to my side and shook my shoulders. "You're a girl! Why are you acting all defenceless in a boys room?"

The rattling of my brain got on my nerves soon enough. Swatting him away from me, I narrowed my eyes into a glare—an exasperated one though, considering my weariness.

"What?" Another yawn came over me. My heavy eyelids drooped shut and I rubbed them yet again. I collapsed onto the pillow, pulling up the covers to shield myself from the cold. "Let me sleep some more," I murmured. "Wannabe took up all the room last night anyway."

I made myself as comfortable as I could without the slightest regard to the piercing stares in my direction, but nonetheless, my words were met with silence.

Then loud consecutive bangs.

Wannabe hitting his forehead on the ground repeatedly.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm so, so sorry—"

"Miyuki!" an offended Hibiki screeched, vehemently shaking my shoulder once again. "So that bastard really did seduce you?"

"No," I grumbled, nudging him away for the final time. I sighed, my voice drifting off. "Wannabe was sleeping. I came to get my phone... drew on your faces... but before I could get to Wannabe he just grabbed me and wouldn't let me go."

"Wouldn't," gasped Hiro.

"Let," said Yuji with slanted eyes.