𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐘

BRUCE YAMADA HAS been missing for a few days now. The day after the boys' baseball game to be exact. That's when he went missing. Once again, another innocent boy became a victim of The Grabber. Nobody knew where he went, nobody knew who took him, and nobody had any clues, except for some black balloons that appeared on the crime scene. Avery Brown took a few days to recompose herself. The truth is, she was miserable. She couldn't believe that her friend had gone missing, she couldn't believe she didn't do anything to help or to stop it. Deep down she knew there was no way she could've helped him or prevented this from happening, but the grief was so strong she felt as if there was a way she could have prevented it, she felt as if it was partly her fault.

Worst of all, she knew he was dead. Everybody in town had hope that maybe somehow, he was alive, and maybe he was going to come back home alive. But Avery didn't believe in any of that bullshit for a second, she connected the dots, she realised that every kid that had been a victim of The Grabber hadn't come back home, and the reason why was painfully obvious. Avery just knew that her friend was laying dead, somewhere in this town, and she hated herself for thinking that way. But most of all, she hated that she couldn't do anything to help, at all.

Avery Brown was currently eating breakfast before school. She had managed to recompose herself and manage to get herself ready for school that day. She was obviously still sad, but some day or the other, she would have to get over it. So she did, for him, for Bruce, she thought.

As she finished her breakfast she yelled a few "goodbyes" into her house for her parents and left. On her way to school, as usual, Avery met up with Donna so both of them could go to school together.

They were a few blocks away from school when Avery noticed a pair of siblings, Finney and Gwendolyn Blake, they were a few feet infront of the two girls, intensely looking at something. Avery furrowed her brows in confusion on what they might be looking at. Being the curious girl she is, the brunette said goodbye to Donna and speed walked to where the siblings were standing. Finney felt a presence beside him and when he turned to look at who it was, he froze. When he saw the brunette girl standing next to him he felt his heart skip a beat, and he gulped, looking slowly at Avery Brown, his long time crush. Gwen noticed how he was staring at the girl next to him, and rolled her eyes, slightly nudging him, making him look at her. Gwen blinked aggressively as she signaled to him to stop staring, he realized that he was indeed staring at Avery Brown, and his face flushed a bright pink color.

"It's new." Spoke Avery looking infront of her, which was where a new missing person's flyer was located. And the missing person just happened to be Bruce Yamada.

"What?" Asked Gwen, confused about what she was saying.

"The flyer. It's new, right?" Asked Avery, now looking between the two siblings.

"Y-yeah, Mr. Yamada's putting them up again." Finney stuttered as he kept his gaze low, looking between Avery and the poster. "You don't think they're gonna find him, do you?" Finney said, now looking between Gwen and Avery. The girls shared a look until Gwen spoke up.

"Not how they want to.." She said looking at her shoes. Finney and Avery looked at each other with a saddened gaze, knowing that she was right.

Wanting to leave this depressing sight and push the memories and the incoming tears away, she coughed awkwardly, bringing the attention of the siblings back to her.

"Well, I-I'm gonna get going, see you guys around." She said and sent a small smile to Finney, who was already looking at her. And with that, she left the siblings, along with the poster of her missing friend.

Avery continued walking to school when suddenly she heard students chanting "fight! fight! fight!" over, and over again. Avery rushed to where all the noise was coming from and she spotted Robin Arellano, the toughest kid in school, about to fight Moose, the biggest jerk in school.