𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐖

AS SOON AS FINNEY felt the girl in his arms slip away from his touch, his heart stopped. Avery Brown was lying on the floor, her clothes covered in her own blood, her hand covered in blood, and her eyelids shut.

Finney rushed to the girl he loved, kneeling down next to her. He held her in his arms, shaking her and desperately trying to get her to wake up.

"Avery! Avery!" He yelled repetitively to the girl, tears falling down his cheeks. Gwen didn't know what to do, she just stood there with tears in her eyes, paralysed.

"Help! Somebody help!" The boy yelled as loud as he could, tears now rolling down his cheeks like waterfalls. It didn't take long for the police to notice that the boy they had been looking for was standing right there, alive, yelling for help. But then, they soon noticed why he was begging for help. In his lap, layed the beautiful girl they had been searching for. The police and detectives that had gone inside the house searching for the teens, quickly came running out as soon as they heard yelling.

Finney looked down at the girl he was holding, brushing her hair out of her pale face.

"No, no, no, Aves. Don't do this, don't do this to me, please!" The boy cried, tears running fast down his face. He couldn't lose her, he wasn't going to let her die.

"Come on, Aves! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" He kept shaking the girl's body, desperately trying to get her to wake up, but she didn't move an inch. Her eyes were still closed shut and her body was limp and pale.

"Don't die on me now, Aves. Please!"

Finally, the police and the medics had arrived where the injured teen was, they tried to get Avery out of Finney's hold, but he wouldn't let go. He didn't want to. He wanted to hold her forever and he didn't want them to take her away from him. He knew that they were the only ones that could help, but he just couldn't let go. His brain wasn't funcitoning and he didn't know what to do, the only thing he did know was that he couldn't let the girl he loved die.

"Avery, please wake up. You can't leave me here, please. Look, we did it. Now, please wake up, come on." Multiple tears ran down his cheeks as he imagined a life without Avery, a life where she was dead, because of him. He couldn't let her go, he wanted to stay with her, apologise to her and bring her back, bring her back to the Avery she always was. The alive, funny, sweet and kind Avery Brown that everybody knew.

But he had to let her go. He had to let the medics do their jobs, or else he was never going to see the girl again, the girl he knew so well and loved. He softly let go of the girl, and the medics quickly picked her up and rushed her to the ambulance. Finney sat on the floor, not ready to move or leave. Tears were still running down his cheeks as he stared at the ambulance with a blurry vision as they took the girl he loved. Gwen placed a hand on her brother's shoulder for comfort, tears in her eyes as she was so young and had just had an awful experience. The two watched carefully as the ambulance quickly accelerated and left the scene. Finney turned his body and hugged his sister, seeking for comfort as he couldn't stand to look at the girl he loved being taken away from him so soon.

The detectives quickly got to the boy. They wanted to help him and comfort him, but it wasn't their job. They needed to know what happened to the other kids, the other victims, and Finney knew that.

"The basement." He simply said emotionless when he pulled away from the hug, not looking at anyone other than his hands. His bloody hands. Blood. Her blood. Avery's blood.

With no hesitation, the detectives and some police officers ran inside the house while two other police officers got Finney to stand up. As soon as he did, Gwen embraced him in another hug, holding onto her brother for dear life as they walked together. Gwen thought about Avery and if she was alive, and he thought about her brother. She was worried for him, she knew he loved her and she missed him so much and cared about him deeply, she didn't know how he was going to react if the girl he's had a crush on for years was dead. She didn't know if he would still be the same if that happened.