𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄

THEY HAD BEEN TRYING to open the freezer door for hours, hitting their bodies against the freezer door to try and get the door to open, using their entire weight and all their strength to try and get that fucking metal door open, but it didn't open. It didn't even move an inch. It just stayed that same way it was before: closed. The two desperately wanted the door to open, you had no idea how bad they wanted that door to open up so they could finally escape, but it didn't. No matter how hard they tried, the door wouldn't open. The sides of their bodies were already hurting from how hard they hit that freezer door, but they weren't going to give up, not yet.

They knew it wasn't going to work. They had known ever since their fifth try on attempting to open that door, but they wouldn't believe it. They didn't want to believe that what was probably their last chance to escape, wasn't working, and that it probably wasn't going to work. They couldn't believe that there was no way in getting out of this place, they wouldn't believe it, but they knew there wasn't. Avery Brown and Finney Blake were going to die in this horrible basement, just like all the other victims.

Avery had given up. She wasn't going to continue banging her body against the metal door anymore when she knew it was useless. Her body was in pain, but she couldn't care less about that when she knew that it was only a matter of time before she became another lifeless body lying somewhere nobody would ever find.

Finney saw Avery had given up and he gave up too. He didn't want to keep trying, it had actually finally hit him that there was no way in getting out of here, that he was going to die and there was no way he could stop it. This entire time Finney had hope about managing to escape this place. He had hope that he would be the one to escape The Grabber, that even though all the other victims couldn't, he would be the first one to, him and Avery, they were going to escape this together with all the other victims' help. But now, he knew that all those thoughts were just bullshit lies. Lies to cover up the fact that he was actually going to die and he most definetly was not going to get out of this place. He felt stupid for thinking he could ever escape when nobody ever did, not even Robin Arellano, not even Vance Hopper. "If Vance couldn't escape and he was the toughest kid in town, why did I ever think that I could escape?" He thought to himself. He felt stupid for thinking he would have a life to live for, he felt stupid for thinking that he ever had a chance of escaping because after all, he was just the kid who got bullied everyday and nobody even knew his name.

Finney saw as Avery was sat down inside the fridge together with him, her back against the side of the fridge, and her chest going up and down while she panted heavily with her eyes closed as she held in tears. Finney looked at her and felt ashamed. He didn't manage to protect her, he couldn't save her. He did the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do, instead of protecting her, he hurt her even more and now, there was nothing else they could do because he led her to her death. Finn wanted to disappear from her life, maybe that would help her in some way, help keep her safe. He couldn't understand how she still chose to be with him after everything he had done. How she kissed him and how she liked him back. He thought he didn't deserve it, he didn't deserve to be with her when he couldn't even take care of her. He looked at her and his eyes lowered to the cut in her arm from when The Grabber had held her, threatening to kill her, he looked at her and how she kept adjusting herself to a more comfortable position because of the bruise she received from when she protected him from his bullies, but also from the bruises on the side of her body she had received when Finney fell on top of her when he was attempting to climb the window, all those bruises had probably gotten worse now because of how hard she hit her body against the metal door. He looked at her and the bruise on the side of her face that she still had from the day she "saved" him from the fight against his bullies. Those memories came rushing back and hit him like a brick. He didn't want to look at her anymore, he didn't want to be in the same room as her because it reminded him of what a bad friend he was, what a bad person he was. It reminded him of all the things he did and all the things he didn't do, the things he didn't do to protect her, to keep her safe.