𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐒

THE NEXT MONDAY Avery was walking to school, her eyes glued the floor every step of the way. She wasn't completly over the fact that Robin had gone missing, but she needed to get over him, or else it would slowly become too much for her and it would slowly start to destroy her, the guilt and pain would ruin her.

She was on her way to school when she noticed three boys running after another boy. Avery squinted her eyes to try and see better, and that's when the three boys threw the boy onto the ground. Avery flinched as the boy fell hard onto the floor, the brunette girl quickly linked the dots and noticed that it was the three boys she had seen in the bathroom the other day, the three boys that she flipped off while walking with Finn, the three boys that would always bully Finn. And the boy currently being beat up, was Finney Blake. Avery, without thinking straight, ran to where they were, desperately wanting to help her new friend.

"Hey, assholes!" Avery shouted as she got closer to the four. The girl pushed two boys away from Finn, and sent a punch onto the boy that was hurting him, making him fall onto the ground, groaning in pain.

"Fucking cowards." She said to them in anger. She was about to throw one of the other boys a punch when she was suddenly hit. It took her a few moments to realise that one of the boys had punched her, making her fall onto the ground. She wasn't gonna lie, it hurt. Really bad. She had never received a punch before, and she didn't like it, at all. She went to touch the area she was hit, only to realise that the two boys were walking towards her, and when they were close enough, they kicked her in her stomach and then in her back. Avery felt like she couldn't breathe, it felt as if all the oxygen from her lungs had been taken away from her and she was desperate to just grab it back.

"Avery!" Shouted Finney, but that didn't help at all. This only caused the two boys to rush to him, and start beating him up.

Avery stayed a few moments laying on the ground, trying to slowly get the oxygen back into her lungs. Soon enough, she crawled to where the boy she hit was, and saw the damage she had done to him. The side of his head was bleeding, she sure had done a lot of damage. Who knew she could punch this good. Although she started to feel bad for him, she quickly stopped after remembering what he did to Finn. She sat next to him, holding her stomach tightly as if it would somehow stop the pain. She looked at the boys infront of her, she looked at the boy being beat up. She wanted to help him, she really did. But she couldn't move from the amount of pain she was in.

...

The boys that beat her and Finney up were quickly sent to the principal's office. She didn't know what would happen to them, but with the amount of pain she was feeling right now, she didn't really care. She was quickly sent to the nurse's office, and Finn was sent right after. The nurse cleaned her up, every single touch to her bruises were painful. The sweet nurse gave Avery some pills to slightly relieve the pain. Although it didn't do much, she was still thankful. The brunette girl had a bruise on the side of her face, from the punch she had received and she had a few bruises on her stomach and her back, which weren't a surprise to her since the kicks she had received were pretty harsh. Even though she was still in a bit of pain, she headed to her first class of the day.

Avery sat in her chair paying attention to her teacher. She looked around the class and she saw that there were many dead frogs spread around.

"Alright class. Today's the day you've been dreading all semester, frog dissection day. Pick a partner." Announced the teacher. Avery sighed as she didn't move. She saw everyone around her moving around, but she stayed sat in her chair. Some students, mostly boys, came up to her asking if she wanted to be their partner, while some students went to ask their friends to be their partners. She looked around the class to see if she had any other choice that was slightly more bearable than having to choose a boy she barely knew. She quickly looked around, and her eye's caught someone she knew. Finney Blake. Finn had a confused, worried look on his face as he saw everyone moving around, noticing how no one was coming up to partner up with him. Avery felt bad for the boy, knowing he was a great person who, unfortunately didn't have many friends. So, she stood up and walked to where he was sat.