𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋

AVERY COULDN'T STAND THE HOSPITAL ANYMORE. The past few days were spent at the hospital, the feeling of boredome becoming a little too familiar for the girl, and she couldn't take it anymore. She desperately needed to leave the hospital, she couldn't stand looking at the plain white walls, the disgusting food they would bring her three times per day that she would always just look at but never take a bite and always the same boring old channels on the tiny TV. The only thing keeping her from dying from her tedious routine was the visits she received everyday.

Every single day someone she knew would come visit her, and she would finally have someone to talk to. Her parents came to the hospital everyday, checking in on her and talking to her. Oh, how she missed her parents deeply. Everyday they insisted on sleeping at the hospital, not wanting to leave their daughter alone, and even though Avery wanted it badly, every single time she told them to go home, knowing that she would be fine and that they couldn't sleep at the hospital, since it wasn't comfortable for them, and she wasn't going to make them suffer, she would be fine anyways.

Finney visited her every now and then, always bringing new games he had at home for them to play together and telling all about his life ever since they escaped the basement to the girl, and Avery always listened to his stories with the biggest and brightest smile on her face. They would always talk and have many laughs together, and occasionally watch those same boring channels on the TV together, making fun of the cartoons. But every single time news of their kidnapping came on, Finney would snatch the remote and quickly skip to the next channel. He knew the last thing that Avery needed right now was to relieve their horrible experience through reporters. He knew he wouldn't want that, and he did not want to make Avery upset. Finney wanted to keep her safe and care for her, and he wante to do everything with her, even though she was still stck at the hospital. Finney hadn't gone back to school yet. He didn't want to start without Avery, it felt wrong to start without her. And honestly, he was scared to go back. He didn't know how his life would be once he got back to school. Would he continue to suffer bullying? Or would his classmates treat him differently all of a sudden? He really hoped it was the latter option.

Oh, but Donna's visits were the best. The first visit Donna payed to the hospital to see Avery mostly consisted on the two crying their eyes out, the two explaining how much they missed each other. Donna couldn't be happier that her best friend was back and that they could finally be together again. The girl honestly thought her best friend had died when she found out Avery had been stabbed and had been taken to the hospital. She cried horrors that night, only to find out that her best friend was actually very well, and was deffinetly not dead. But then, ever since Donna visited Avery, they spent each and every minute gossiping and just talking and laughing about the most random topics they could think of, just like they used to. The two missed each other and they couldn't be happier that they were finally reunited and could go back to being the best friends they always were, because neither of the two best friends could ever imagine what their life would be like without the other. To them, it was non-existent. Donna was always in Avery's life, and Avery was always in Donna's. They were indeed platonic soulmates, and now they were sure of it.

But the visits she hated the most during her stay at the hospital were the reporters. At one point of the day Avery would always hear vans pulling up outside the hospital, and cameras flashing. At first she had no idea what it was or who's van it was. But now, she had gotten used to the sound and couldn't stand it anymore. Reporters would try to get inside the hospital trying to get information from Avery about her kidnapping experience. Most of the times security and Avery's parents wouldn't let any of them get inside or anywhere near the girl's hospital room. But there were a few times where one single reporter managed to somehow escape security and get inside the hospital, but they never knew which room Avery was in and before she knew it, they were being taken away from the hospital. There was this one time where somehow a reporter managed to get through security and managed to figure out which room Avery Brown was staying in, and Avery was totally shaken up when a random stranger walked inside her room and started bombarding her with questions about what had happened while she had been kidnapped and invading her personal space. Avery felt violated and had no idea what to do, you could see by the look in her eyes that she was frightened by the total stranger inside her hospital room. Trust me, the last thing you want is to have unknown people asking you questions about a traumatic experience that you just had while you are still healing.