𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄

WHEN FINNEY HEARD that Avery Brown was very much alive, with a heart beat and everything, he wasted no time and quickly rushed to see her in the hospital. The entire ride there he couldn't get a smile off his face, his eyes filled with happy tears, glad that the girl he loved was alive. He looked outside the window of his dad's car and he had never been happier or more thankful in his entire life. He had escaped that horrible man that made his life miserable for days, and he had just found out that the girl he thought he had killed was alive and he was going to be able to see her.

While many thoughts were running through the boy's mind, he hadn't even noticed they had arrived at the hospital, but when he did, he quickly rushed inside.

He talked to a very nice woman at the front desk, giving Avery's full name so he could visit her. The woman gladly gave Finn the room number, room 46. Finney then thanked the woman and headed to the room.

Each step he took, he got closer to the girl he had fallen for years ago. He walked slowly, thinking about what he would say to the girl. He didn't know if he should apologise since he felt as if her near death experience was his fault. But he also wanted to tell her how much he actually loved her. But then, something hit him. Even though many told him the opposite, Finney felt as if the girl had almost died because of him, what if she was angry at him? Or upset with him? He would be crushed, but would understand, I mean he would have to. No, Avery didn't seem like the type of girl to get mad at him for that. But, maybe she would. Different scenarios kept running through his head, all in which ended up in Avery yelling at him, telling him to get out and leave her alone. The boy continued overthinking his entire way to her room, afraid of what would happen once he encountered her again. After what happened when he last saw her, he wasn't fully prepared to see her again, he worried what her reaction would be like.

The moment Finney lifted his head up he saw a door with the number 46 on it. He sighed and breathed in deeply, getting ready for whatever would happen once he walked through this door. He grabbed the door knob, but once he did, he had a sneak peak inside, since there was a glass part on the door, revealing what was happening inside.

Inside that room Finney Blake saw the girl he loved, laying on a hospital bed. She had a kind, toothy smile on her face as she talked to one of the hospital nurses that was inside the room together with her. Finney stared in awe, looking at the girl inside, mesmerized, as if it was the first time he was ever looking at her. Suddenly, the girl let out the most amazing sound Finney Blake had ever heard, her laugh. Avery Brown's laugh felt like music to his ears, her genuine, joyful laugh. And even though the girl was in a hospital bed with a wound in her stomach, she managed to give a bright smile that could light up an entire room. The thoughts Finney was having a few moments earlier simply melted away. He realised Avery would never be the kind of girl to get mad at the boy, she knew it wasn't his fault, and never in her life would she blame him. Finney tried to suppress the smile in his face as he watched the girl, but failed miserably.

Finney felt a sudden boost of confidence, and with no hesitation he swung the door open wide, and as soon as he did, the two heads inside the room turned towards him, leaving him flustered and embarrased, he definetly did not think this through. Everything he was about to say floated away as he looked into Avery's eyes, her hazel, deep, beautiful eyes he had fallen for ever since he layed eyes on them.

"Finn, hi." Avery said, suppressing a smile. Even though she didn't show it, she was surpised to see him there. She hadn't received any warning or anything to let her know that he was coming. She wasn't mad at him, not in the slightest. She was happy to see him, see that he was okay. The girl didn't blame him for what happened to her, it wasn't his fault so there was no reason in why she should be blaming him, or that he should be blaming himself.