𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏

AVERY AND FINNEY WOKE UP, and they were still in the basement. Neither of the two could stop thinking about the kiss yesterday, it was still fresh in their minds, and it made them smile everytime that though came by. But something that didn't make them smile, was when they thought about the events of yesterday, the events before the kiss. They had been caught and they were probably never going to have another chance of escaping ever again. The memory of the kiss slowly became a sad and distant one as they thought of staying in this basement forever.

Before anyone could say anything, the phone started ringing. They snapped their heads towards the sound. None of them wanted to hear any of the victims and what they had to say. They kept listening to the victim's ideas, but they never worked, none of them ever worked. The last one hurt Avery, and Finney was not going to be forgetting that anytime soon.

"No. Fuck you." Finney said to the phone. Avery
simply stared at the phone.

"Damn it!" Finney shouted as he went to pick up the phone. Avery still did not move, and she also didn't take her eyes off the telephone. Finn sat down next to Avery, but he didn't bother holding the phone in between their ears, he knew she could hear it, they were only a few inches apart.

"What? Are you gonna say something!? Do you even know who you are?" Finney asked, anger in his voice.

"What the shit kind of question is that?! Do you even know who you are?" The voice answered, anger also in his voice. Avery and Finney looked at each other, spooked that there was a new voice, and Avery instantly knew who it was.

"I'm Finney Blake." Finney replied his anger was now no longer with him.

"And I'm Avery, Avery Brown." The girl finally spoke up in slight annoyance. Avery knew who was calling them, it was Vance Hopper, and Vance didn't need to know her name, he already did.

"Yeah? Well nice to fucking meet you Finney Blake. Oh, and we already met, Avery Brown." The boy said from the other line of the phone. Finney still didn't know who they were talking to. Vance had said Avery's name slower, as if it was a tease, and she knew exactly why, and she simply smiled and rolled her eyes. Avery had met Vance Hopper, and even though their encounter wasn't great, he was dead, and he was fun. She wasn't going to hold anything against the boy.

"Right here. This is it." The boy continued.

"This is what?" Finney asked.

"The horrifying nightmare end of your pathetic little life."

"Holy shit. You're Vance Hopper. I remember you, you used to scare me." Finney didn't really know Vance, they just had one encounter, and they didn't even talk.

"Trust me Finney Blake, if you knew what you two had coming, you'd be fucking terrified. Today's the day, motherfucker!"

FINNEY'S FLASHBACK:

Finney was at Grab N' Go, just buying a few snacks to eat. Vance Hopper was also at the Grab N' Go, but he wasn't buying anything, he was trying to beat his pinball record, and he was really close to doing so. Vance was focused on the game, trying hard and not taking his eyes off the machine for a second. His friend was also with him, he was just eating a few chips and waiting next to his friend as he watched Vance play.

Vance was extremely close to beating his high score, closer than he ever was.

"Vance, you're gonna beat your high score." His friend said. But Vance knew he would, he was one of the best at this game.

"Of course I'm gonna do it dumpshit, I said I would." Vance simply replied, stating the obvious but still focused on his game.

Vance was pressing buttons, trying to beat his high score, when the ball landed on one of the "obstacles" of the game, making Vance and his friend look at the ball in shock. He was definetly going to beat his high score now. But before he had the chance to, a boy with ginger hair knocked into the pinball machine, making the ball fall and Vance lose his score. Anger filled Vance and he became mad, very mad. Vance grabbed the boy that had ruined his game by his shoulders, and then lifted him up in the air by his shirt.