𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑

FINNEY BLAKE WAS watching the telephone like a hawk, waiting for it to ring again. He sat on the floor, knees curled up to his chest, biting his nails. While Avery Brown just sat on the bed, bored out of her mind. The girl was resting her chin in her hands, blowing a strand of her hair out of her face, watching it everytime it came back to the front of her face just like it was before, and then blowing it again, and again. Their encounter yesterday with Bruce Yamada was... something. Avery hadn't fully comprehended what had happened yesterday, she honestly thought she was dreaming, and that it was just a dream to help her cope or something. But Finn told her that it wasn't, because he experienced it too. It was kind of crazy that they talked to a dead friend through a broken phone, but Avery wasn't going to question it anymore, or else it would just make her go crazier.

Suddenly, the metal door started opening, making a loud sound as it did. Avery knew who it was, Finney did too, after all there could only be one person that was opening that door. Avery wished it wasn't him, she wished that it could be anybody but him, anybody but the man that had kidnapped her, she felt like crying all over again. But she didn't. She simply closed her eyes, breathed in and slowly opened them again. Finn quickly stood up and rushed towards the back wall, wanting to be as far enough from the man as possible. The Grabber walked in with a tray in hand, and once again, a new mask on his face.

"I made you guys some food." The man spoke up, but Avery didn't dare look at him, as much as she wanted to look at what he brought, the food that he made for them, the food she was going to eat, she wasn't going to look at him. She couldn't, and she hated that. She hated that he made her feel as if she couldn't even look at him, she despised everything about him and everything about the way he made her dislike herself.

"What did you put in that?" Asked Finney, making Avery look at him. She was now extremely tempted to look at the man, and she tried hard not to look at him. But after a few seconds, she just gave up and turned to look at the man, in a way, she had won his game, but in another way, he also didn't. Her eyes instantly looked at the tray in his hand, there was a plate with something on it, Avery couldn't see what it was but she knew it was food, she also saw a bottle of water next to it.

"Salt and peper." The man laughed, setting the tray down on the floor, and let out a big sigh.

"Eat it, don't eat it. You're already down here, what do I need to drug you for?" Avery thought of one hundred reasons why he would need to drug them, but the thought of food entering her stomach quickly dismissed all those thoughts. She hadn't taken her eyes of the tray once, but she noticed there wasn't enough food or water for the two kids locked up in the basement.

"There's only one plate and one water." She spoke up making the other two look at her.

"What?" Asked The Grabber.

"There are two people here. There is only one plate and one water. It's basic maths. Where is the other plate and water?" The girl said looking up at the man infront of her. The man simply laughed.

"What a spoiled brat. You guys aren't getting two bottles, or two plates. You're gonna have to work it out." And with that, the man left, closing the door. Except, he didn't close the door, not fully anyway. Avery instantly noticed that, her scrunched brows now relaxing and turning to look at the boy that was kidnapped with her. He turned to look at her, knowing exactly what she was thinking. They both walked towards the door carefully, in case the grabber was still on the other side. When they got to the door, Finney started opening it. Avery almost had a smile on her face, how could The Grabber be so stupid? When Finn was about to open the door wider, the telephone started to ring, making both of them jump. Avery rolled her eyes and turned to look at the phone. What could Bruce possibly want nowShe thought to herself. This could literally be a chance for them to escape. Avery angrily walked towards the phone and picked it up, making the ringing stop, Finney just looked at her, still next to the door.