𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔

THE TWO TEENS arrived at the top of the stairs where there was a door. The door was closed, so Finney reached to open it. He slowly and carefully turned the doorknob and pushed the door open.

The door was now open wide and it revealed the Grabber sitting on a chair, wearing a mask and his belt still in hand, just like he was before, except this time he was asleep. He had been waiting for them. Waiting to beat them up. Avery's breath hitched from the view infront of her. The Grabber snored loudly, making the two kids back away from the man. They stayed still and silent for a few seconds, not moving an inch, acting like statues, just so they wouldn't wake him up. When the Grabber quieted down and made no more noise, the two teens relaxed. They held each other's hands tightly, feeling comfort within each other's touch. Right now, unfortunately, this was their only way of feeling safe.

They started walking forward, getting closer to The Grabber each step they took. Avery was holding her breath, she didn't want to make any sound, she didn't want to get caught, she wanted to escape and finally get back to her family, get back to her life, she wanted to get out, she couldn't continue living in this basement. And she knew that if she stayed there, it wouldn't take much longer for the Grabber to kill her. Kill both of them, her and Finney.

Avery and Finney were now very close to the man, and the both of the them just stood next to him, and looked at him. Emotions filled Finney Blake, negative emotions. He was angry at the man, and he wanted to make him suffer because of what he did to them and all those other innocent kids. Avery felt as if her heart was going to pop off her chest at any moment, she felt nauseous. As if she was going to throw up at any moment because of how scared she felt. Avery pulled Finney's hand, gesturing them to continue walking and continue their escape, and so they did.

Finney and Avery continued walking quietly and they got to a living room. In the living room there was another door, the exit door, a door to the outside World, a door to the way out. The door had a lock on it, which they assumed was the lock Griffin was talking about, the lock he had on his bike. Finney let go of Avery's hand, making the girl frown and instantly feel as if she was missing something, missing his touch. But she quickly stopped herself when she realized what her mind was focused on. Her eyes had widened at her action and thought. She had no idea why she frowned, or why the missing feeling of Finney's hand touching her's made her feel this way. She shook her head, dismissing her thoughts since she had to focus on a much bigger and more important topic.

Finney tried the first of the many options of the combination, he pulled the lock down, trying to open it, but it didn't work. Avery looked back to where they had been a few seconds ago, where the Grabber was sleeping, making sure he was still asleep. When she made sure that he was still deep asleep, she looked back towards Finney who was putting in another combination order. He pulled on the lock again, trying to open it, but once again, it was the wrong combination. Avery grew more and more anxious by the second. She was scared to death. Scared that the Grabber would wake up before they had a chance to escape and punish them, that they were going to be beaten up, but most importantly, scared that they weren't going to make it out this hell hole. Finney tried once again another combination, and when he went to pull the lock, it opened. But when it opened, it made a loud sound, which caused a dog locked in the room next to them to bark. Avery and Finney didn't even have any time to think before the dog started barking loudly, Avery's breathe began to increase in speed as the dog only began barking louder. The two teens both hurriedly pushed the door open and started running out of the the house. But the loud noise of the dog barking woke up The Grabber. The Grabber opened his eyes and stood up from the chair he was sat at. He looked to his side, where the noise of the barking dog was coming from and he took off the top part of his mask. He slowly walked towards the living room, and when he noticed that the door was open, his eyes widened in despair. The man quickly rushed to his van, getting ready to prevent the two kids from escaping from his grasp.