𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆

AVERY BROWN AND FINNEY BLAKE were sleeping, once again. There wasn't much to do in that basement, so most of the time they were there, the two spent it sleeping. But they could never sleep for too long since nightmares and sounds made them wake up in cold sweat and fear, worrying that the Grabber might be watching and waiting to come in and just kill them when they least expect it.

Avery was finally sleeping peacefully when she slowly started to wake up. She looked forward and she saw the phone. The black, lifeless phone. Except, the harder she looked at it the more alive it became. The phone started to pulsate, as if it was breathing. Avery rubbed her eyes, making sure she was seeing straight. The phone still kept breathing. She thought she was going crazy, there was no way a phone could move on it's own, and there was even less of a chance that the phone could be breathing. Maybe she was just dreaming and she just wanted the phone to stop, stop messing with her brain.

"Stop it." She said. If she was in a dream, nobody would hear it. And if she wasn't, maybe it was The Grabber pulling a prank on them and he would stop on her command.

"Stop what?" Said a voice a few feet away from Avery. The girl jumped a bit, and snapped her entire body towards the voice, and there he was. The Grabber was sitting on the floor under the dimmed light, just kept looking at the girl. The man was wearing a different mask this time. This mask only covered the bottom half of his face, she could now see his eyes clearly. Not that she wanted to though. Avery felt chills run down her spine. Both of them just kept quiet, until Avery's stomach slightly grumbled.

"I'm hungry. I need food. You haven't given us any food since we got here." She said. She felt someone move beside her, and then she looked down and saw Finney who was, thankfully, sound asleep. He looked so peaceful and calm she almost smiled just by looking at him. But then she remembered there was someone she really hated infront of her. Her entire mood flipped when she thought of and turned to look back at The Grabber, waiting for his response, hoping she could have some food soon.

"How are your eyes?" The Grabber had completely ignored the girl's request for food, and he switched the subject in a matter of seconds.

"They hurt." She replied with no emotion on her face. But she was telling the truth. Her eyes hurt like hell. Even though they got a bit better from yesterday, she still felt a lot of stinging pain.

"Well, I can't bring you guys anything to eat. You'll have to wait." He said standing up and walking towards the door. Avery stared at him with a confused, angry look on her face. What was the reason he couldn't bring them food?

"Is there someone upstairs? Is that why you can't bring us any food?"

"Don't you worry about that."

"If you weren't going to bring us food then why did you come down here, huh?!" Avery was now angry. She didn't want to be here anymore, and she needed to eat, she was really hungry, it was starting to affect her mood. And The Grabber was being an asshole.

"Just to look at you. I just wanted to look at you." The man said with glossy eyes, as if he was holding in his tears. Avery's body stiffened as her heart dropped down to her stomach in fear. The Grabber had just come down to look at her. She felt like she was going to throw up. Actually throw up. She felt multiple feelings at once, and none of them were good. She felt chills run down her spine, once again. She wanted to cry, she wanted to throw up, but she also wanted to beat the living shit out of him. She just stared at him, tears threatening to fall from her eyes, but she wouldn't let them. No way. This piece of shit wasn't going to see her cry, not in a million years.

The Grabber muttered something under his breath, but Avery couldn't understand it, and she honestly didn't even bother to. When the man left she quickly backed away from the door, and her back touched the wall. She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them. She layed her chin on her knees. She hated what just happened, she never wanted to experience that ever again. The fact that The Grabber came down to the basement just to look at her made her feel miserable. It made her feel weak, and disgusting, and she hated feeling all those things. She wanted to forget that ever happened, but she couldn't. She couldn't get it out of her head. The moment kept replaying in her head, every single word exactly as he had said it. And each time she felt like crying twice as more. A single tear rolled down her cheek and she didn't bother wiping it. She didn't let anymore tears fall though, she wouldn't let them. She thought she was being stupid, and overreacting, but she wasn't, she had every right to feel this way, but Avery was a stubborn girl, she thinks everything is her fault when it obviously isn't. She turned her head and turned to look at Finney, he was still sleeping peacefully. Avery looked at how he was all curled up while he slept, and she noticed how his curls fell infront of his face. She started smiling slightly, noticing how just simply looking at him would lighten the mood and make her feel better, feel safe. But she quickly realised what she was doing and took her eyes off him and sniffled, looking infront of her. Was she really falling for this boy? In this moment and place?