𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋

THE TWO TEENS looked to where the sound of a ringing phone was coming from, with tears stains in both of their eyes from the crying earlier, they stayed in their postion, not moving an inch. None of them wanted to answer the phone, they had given up all hope on escaping this place, and it was okay. That had come in agreement to the fact that they wouldn't make it out alive, it was hard and there was still some doubts and sadness, but it was what they needed to do. They had come to the conclusion that they were going to die, by the Grabber, in this shit hole. The two of them hopelessly walked towards the ringing telephone, Finney slowly picked up the phone and put it in between his and Avery's ears.

"What?" The boy asked, resting his head on the wall.

"Hey, Finn. What's happening?" Avery's eyes widened and her body froze as she heard the familiar voice coming from the other line of the phone. She couldn't believe it. The girl instantly recognized that voice, she always would, she would probably recognize that voice from miles away. She was talking to Robin, Robin Arellano. Avery couldn't believe her ears, she had forgotten about Robin and how he had been kidnapped, he was the last kid to get kidnapped, he was Avery's closest friend out of all the victims, how could she forget about him? She didn't know what to say, her body wouldn't move, and she felt more tears in her eyes, daring to fall.

"R-Robin?" The girl asked in disbelief, her eyes now glossy from the tears building up in her eyes.

"Hey, Aves. Don't cry, please." Robin spoke. Avery didn't think she had anymore tears left in her, but she did. Because after hearing his voice all she wanted to do was crumble into a little whole and cry. But she wouldn't, she wouldn't let him see her cry, because he deserved better than this.

"I-I'm not." Avery spoke, quickly wiping the tears away, trying her best to control her voice so it wouldn't sound as if she was holding her tears in and as if she hadn't just been crying.

"Yes, you are. I can see you, both of you."

"You can?" Finn asked. Avery didn't know if she should feel safe or creeped out, Robin was her friend and she always felt safe around him, and he always protected her at all costs, and to be honest, she was kind of glad that he was watching them because that meant he was still with her and Finney. But, it was pretty creppy if you think about it, he had been watching them and he had probably seen the kiss between the girl and Finney Blake. Oh my god, he saw the kiss.

"I'm with you guys. I've been with you two this whole time."

"You have?" Finn asked once again.

"A man never leaves his friends behind. My dad didn't leave his buddies behind when he went to Vietnam, that's why he didn't come home." Avery knew how hard it was for Robin to talk about his dad. Robin didn't mention his dad a lot, but the girl knew what had happened to him and she was there for Robin everytime he needed a shoulder to cry on. She knew that Robin loved his dad deeply, that he was proud of his dad and all the things his dad had done, and accomplished and Robin had become just like him, and Avery was so proud, and she was sure his father was too.

"And I'm not coming home either, and I'm not going to leave you or Avery behind." Avery felt her heart break, more than it had before. She knew Robin wasn't going to come back home, come back to her, but having him say it just deepened the meaning, and it made it true, one hundred percent true, and now there was no hiding from it. He had come to sense that it was his fate, his ending. And he didn't sound sad, he sounded confident, he had come to the agreement that his journey had ended, and he was okay with that.

"We'll be together soon." Finney spoke. Avery felt shocked by his words, but it was true, they had both lost hope and they had to face reality.

"Fuck that. You guys ain't gonna go like I did."