Chapter 43

"Did you know that the Koenigsegg Jesko is one of the fastest cars in the world?" Coleman asked me.

"I did not," I said. I honestly had no idea that this car even existed before today.

"It goes up to 532 kilometers per hour," he explained, his voice infused with enthusiasm. "Which is about 330 miles per hour!"

"Geez!" I said. "That's crazy. Don't expect me to drive that fast!"

Coleman chuckled. "Here, let's switch seats."

I eyed him for a second before returning my eyes to the road. "Why...you're not, going to go 330 miles per hour, are you?"

"Of course not," Coleman said. "But I do promise to make it a fun ride."

I glanced at him again, a wry smile forming on my lips. "You're not...going to drive 329 miles per hour, are you?"

I could feel him glaring at me even as I watching the road. "Actually 328 was the number in my head."

"Well in that case, should be fine," I said, pulling off to the side of the road so we could switch seats. I quickly scurried to the other side of the car in the cold, where Coleman held the door open for me, and hopped into the passenger's seat. I fastened my seatbelt and draped my fur coat over my legs as he shut the door behind me. As Coleman got behind the wheel, I said, "Okay, but seriously, don't drive recklessly, Coleman."

He looked at me, and smiled wickedly.

"Coleman, I'm serious," I said, my voice devoid of a jubilant tone.

"You buckled in?" he asked, glancing at my seatbelt.

"Coleman—"

He peeled off onto the road, and the car smoothly accelerated until we were going far faster than I had been driving. Fortunately, his driving was smooth, but I couldn't help but be nervous at how fast we were going.

"You're going above the speed limit!" I cried.

"And?"

"And you could get pulled over!"

His eyes slid towards mine. "And what are they going to do? Arrest me?"

I grimaced. "You suck."

And he just laughed at me. "Somehow I get the feeling that you've been pulled over quite a bit in your life."

"Okay, you know what, the first time I didn't even realize I was speeding!"

"Uh huh."

"It's true! The speed limit dropped to 25 from 45, which is crazy! And it should have been at least 45. I was going 50, and suddenly it's all red and blue lights in my mirror."

"Maybe you should have paid attention to the road signs," he said.

"I just didn't realize the speed was going to plummet!" I argued. "It was so stupid!"

"It's a good thing I'm behind the wheel again," Coleman remarked.

"You're going so fast!" I said. "I was driving way more safely than you!"

"Ehh." He wiggled his hand side to side.

"I totally was!"

"All I know is that I have never gotten a ticket, personally."

"You're the prince of Aregano!" I snapped. "Sorry I don't have power over everyone in my country so as to get out of tickets!"

"That sounds like that's on you, then, to abide more closely to traffic laws."