3.

In the morning, I woke up to a completely silent room. With a groan, I rolled over in my bed, opening my eyes to see Vic's bed empty. He wasn't in the dorm, so that told me he must've gone out to do something before class.

Slowly, I got out of bed and got dressed in some of the clothes that I brought along with me. Once I was dressed, I made my way out of the room and down the stairs. Almost everyone was crowded in one spot; the kitchen. I knew this was going to happen.

With an annoyed huff, I shoved past people who glared at me, not that I cared. Once I was at the counter, I settled on eating an apple and weaved back out to a table. I gazed at everyone around me. They didn't seemed to be as focused on me like they were yesterday.

"Morning!" I heard Justin's familiar voice from my other side before he took a seat next to me. I kept quiet, biting into my apple and staring off into the kitchen. "It's like this every morning, you'll only avoid it if you sneak cereal or something into your dorms."

"Is that against the rules?"

"Yeah, haven't you read the rules?" Justin asked quickly.

"Nah, I don't feel like it." I brushed it off nonchalantly, looking away from his gaze. I could tell that ticked him off a bit.

"If you don't read them and sign, you're going to be kicked out. They'll send you to another school, I know. A guy I knew a few months ago didn't listen and was sent to some strict school out in England. He's not having a good time there." Justin rambled, and for once I listened and agreed a little.

"...Fine, I'll read them after class." I caved in, biting into my apple again before the all too familiar face of Vic entered the room with his little gang. Immediately, everyone separated and Vic smiled, going up to the counter with ease. I glared a little subconsciously.

"Who's his little gang? I bet he pays them to be his friend." I accused bitterly, tossing the half eaten apple in the trash can beside me. Justin laughed for a second, flicking his gaze to the group as well.

"Actually, the tall one is his brother Mike. The other two are his friends Jaime and Tony. No one really knows what happened. One day they weren't friends and the next they were. I guess that's how it works around here." Justin replied, lowering his voice as they all turned around.

"Why is Vic even, like..."

"A threat?" Justin finished for me. I nodded. "Rumor has it... He was sent here after hospitalizing some kid in his high school. He's really strong too, I've seen him throw a few punches at guys who got on his bad side. It's not pretty." He added on. I nodded, biting on my lip.

"Look what the cats drug in." Vic's voice caught my attention. I held his gaze for several seconds as he passed me. Eventually, his gaze left mine as they all made their way down the hall.

"Well I'll tell you something; he's not like this in our room. Out here he thinks he can treat me like shit, but I'm not going to tolerate him. In the room he's fine... Must be because it builds him up." I explained a little thoughtfully. I didn't give Justin a second to reply before talking again. "Anyway, who care's about him? Isn't there class today?"

"Yeah, do you have your schedule?" Justin questioned. I nodded in response, grabbing the crumpled paper from my pocket and tossing it to Justin. I watched as Justin unfolded it and gazed at the schedule.

"We have third and fourth period together. The other four... I don't really know." He explained. "I'll show you to the classes since you wouldn't know quite yet."

"Thanks." I finally spoke. Part of me felt he really deserved it, even though I hate thanking people for anything. Justin didn't respond, all he did was smile before standing up, as did I.