4.

After I had my first, but definitely not last talk with Mrs. Abram, I left a little disappointed. The punishment wasn't severe, and she didn't seem to think what I did was that bad. That confused me, considering it was bullying and such. Nonetheless, I was let off with a little warning and a scowl.

That night, I returned to my dorm after running out of things to do. I had mostly been scoping out the entire campus. There was a lot to do here in your free time. They had a pool, an arcade, a couple cafes and restaurants, and a lot of other fun activities. Of course, I knew I wouldn't be able to do any of things freely. According to the rule book, every time you're sent to the office, you have penalties and are finally extracted from the different sections of campus. Who knew, maybe I'd end up in dorm lock.

Surprising enough, I didn't get in any trouble for skipping my classes. Maybe that was just because Mrs. Abram hadn't figured that much out yet, or maybe it was just an innocent slip. I can get pretty fortunate in hard times.

Shortly after I had returned to the dorm, I heard the door unlatching as Vic walked in, shutting it quietly. I gave a second of my spare time to give him a glance before turning my attention back to his notebook which was resting in my hands. I was getting ready to study the basics that way I wouldn't fail at the least. People always seem to read me as some sort of individual, but the truth is that I'm actually a strong intellectual person (When I want to be, of course.)

Chemistry was one of the very few subjects that always grasped my attention back home. Unfortunately, there's these things called student teachers which come and go quite often, especially in our science program. My usual teacher stepped down and let her student, Ms. Keyes, teach the program. Even reflecting on it, I still cringe.

Everything she did was so very wrong. She'd forget to copy papers, she'd give kids detentions when they did nothing, everything was a mess. It was possibly the worst three months of science. Of course she had to come in during basic chemistry. I had been excited for once to get up and go to that hell hole, and she abolished all of my interest the minute she began speaking.

Fortunately, I had taken the time to memorize the periodic table. It was a slight advantage in my part, up until now. Just with one glance at Vic's notebook, I knew this was going to be arduous.

"Having a good time?" Vic questioned teasingly, walking into the poor excuse of a so called kitchen. Technically, I guess it wasn't described as a kitchen. It was just a full sized fridge with a table beside it. Vic reached into the fridge and pulled out not one, but two bottles of water, tossing me one which landed on the couch beside me. A small, accomplished smile spread on my lips as I tapped the end of my pen on the notebook.

"Something like that." I responded, popping the cap up before taking a drink of it. I watched half heartedly as Vic sat down in the chair adjacent to me, eyeing me a little curiously. "What?" I questioned, turning my full attention to him.

"Why did you do that? Like, earlier." Vic asked me inquisitively, keeping his gaze on mine. I could practically feel the awkwardness radiating off of my skin.

"Well... He was going to get away." I replied as if it was blatantly obvious.

"Well yeah, but you don't like me. I guess I don't understand why you'd help someone you hate." Vic ranted as I kept quiet, taking another drink of my water. I went to respond, but as soon as my lips parted, Vic spoke again. "And why did you want to even come in the first place? I mean, it's not like anything special was happening."

"I came because I was curious." I retaliated bluntly. "And believe it or not, I don't actually hate you. Frankly, I felt I owed you that much since you're letting me use your notes to study." I added in. Vic nodded slowly, standing up.