27.

The next morning was the day I called my mom, though our talk wasn't long. I admitted that I had been invited to the city with my friend for break and that the opportunity was too great to pass up. My mom, however, didn't agree with this statement, informing me that family was always more important. After a few minutes of arguing, I finally announced that there was no changing the situation and that I'd be back for summer break, all words abrupt. I barely heard her goodbye before I heard the dial tone, clicking my phone shut in annoyance.

Vic and I stayed at his parent's house for the next few days, spending most of our time in town exploring. It was pleasant, being able to hold Vic's hand without feeling like his parent's would judge us, but something wasn't quite right. I felt that Vic was tense most of the trip home because of his parents. All I wanted was to comfort him in any way possible, but whenever the matter was brought up, Vic assured me that he was fine and didn't need comforting, though I knew he was just lying through his teeth.

Fortunately, break was a lot longer than a few days, meaning that most of our trip was to be spent in the city. Vic's parents decided to drive us to our hotel which we had booked the first morning we stayed at Vic's parents. After that we were to use the small amount of money Vic's parents gave us for travel, food and all purchases. It was exciting, packing up our belongings knowing Vic and I were going away together, alone, for a good week and a half before returning to Vic's for the rest of break.

The day we left was chaotic. The city was about an hour and a half away, so to arrive in good time, we made sure to leave by early morning. And I (as usual) procrastinated packing, forcing me up at the break of dawn to shove my possessions into my bags. After I was fully awake, though, everything went smoothly. Vic had packed as well, so we worked together and filled up the car before we all headed out of town.

An hour and a half was definitely not a long time, so the ride wasn't long at all either. Traffic became even more crowded as we entered the downtown area before making our way to a suburb where our hotel was located. It wasn't until our baggage was unloaded for what felt like the millionth time that week that I thanked Vic's parents individually. I promised that I would pay back all fees, though both of them assured me that money wasn't an issue.

Vic and I checked in to the hotel by ourselves, being assigned a room on the second floor. Vic's parents helped take our bags up to our hotel room before everybody exchanged goodbyes, Vic's mother hugging Vic tightly. I could practically sense how uncomfortable Vic felt in her arms from afar, and his mother must have been able to sense it too, because she was quick to pull away, smiling (though it looked rather forced).

It wasn't until the door had slammed shut, Vic's parents on the opposite side getting ready to head home, that I let out the breath I had been holding in the entire trip there. My back hit the bed, supporting my body. The sheets smelled like lavender and I couldn't help but to indulge in the pleasant scent. My bliss was interrupted, however, when the weight of another body fell halfway onto me. I fluttered my eyes open, face to face with Vic who just smiled at me, a light twinkling in his eyes which I hadn't noticed in weeks. This was surely the boy I had fallen for, I thought to myself, but was too embarrassed to verbalize. Instead, I smiled in response, intertwining our hands which hung to our sides.

"Nearly two weeks with you all to myself, whatever shall I do?" Vic commented, voice raspy. My smile widened at his words, face burning slightly.

"Who said I was here just for you?" I responded cheekily before adding, "And I'm sure we'll think of something to do." Vic laughed a little, face leaning down so he could press his lips to mine. The kiss was a lot rougher than usual, but it also held the perfect amount of passion. I knew where these kisses led, so Vic's intentions were as clear as glass. And don't get me wrong, I had every same intention, just not in that moment. That's why I was quick to shove Vic onto the vacant space to my right side.

"Not now," I spoke, breathing heavily from the lack of air.

"But not never?" Vic questioned hopefully. I rolled my head to give him my best unimpressed face, but seeing the ambition written in his eyes made me smile while muttering a 'we'll see'.

Vic and I spent the rest of our day scheduling out our plans. The first few nights were easily booked, but Vic forced me to leave a few blank days here and there, stating that he wanted to pull a few surprises for me. I couldn't decide if the butterflies that formed in my stomach were there from admiration or nervousness. Vic wasn't one to plan things, so the thought of him working out surprises for me seemed highly unlikely, but I definitely wasn't going to shut him down either.

That first night was spent inside the hotel exclusively. For dinner we ordered room service from a nice restaurant across the street, eating at the small table in our room. Since we both had woken up so early in the morning, it wasn't surprising that we were ready to sleep by nine, which was earlier than usual for me. Our room had two beds, but it was obvious from our arrival that only one of them was to be used.

"Don't you think room service will notice the two suitcases, but only the one unmade bed?" I asked that night, pulling a few bed sheets back before slipping under them. Vic followed my lead, flicking the room's lights off before sliding into the bed as well, his arm wrapping around my waist. The feeling was satisfying, considering that we hadn't been this close in far too long.

"Are you embarrassed?" Vic finally asked in a whisper, mouth close to my ear. I shook my head, whispering a 'no' in response. All Vic did was chuckle in response, both of us exchanging goodnights as his arm wrapped tighter around my body, keeping me close to his warmth.