8.

"You started the rumor..." I whispered in complete and utter disbelief. "You started this freaking rumor?" I shouted, raising my voice. Vic smirked a little, staying unbelievably calm. I was fuming before, but now I was just pissed off. I clenched my jaw, moving it side to side trying to suppress my anger, but nothing was working.

Hit him; I wanted to hit him, kick him, make him completely miserable. Hastily, I shoved Vic back into the wall, clenching my hand into a fist and punching him along the jawline. I didn't even pay attention to where I was punching after that. I just kept hitting him and hitting him until my knuckles stung with pain. It turned out though, I hadn't really hurt Vic that badly. I punched him maybe two or three times in the face before I was just hitting his chest over and over again. Being blacked out, Vic was able to grab my fists and pin them down, getting away from the wall before I could start punching him again.

All Vic did was smile, making me even more angrier. Why didn't he fight back? He should've punched me back! I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my fists again, trying to block all of the bad thoughts out of my head. I didn't want to hit him anymore, yet I did. I couldn't decide; I was lost in a mass of confusion. There was only one thing in my mind after that, something that was probably the most important question of all:

"Why?" I questioned in a shaky and uneven voice that was surprisingly calm. I praised myself briefly for being able to channel my anger like I had.

"This is going to sound crazy," Vic began, cringing for a moment after talking and clutching the side of his jaw which I had hit pretty hard. It was bruising into a dull blue and purple color. "The idea of this all came to me that night we were talking, remember?" Vic spoke again to which I nodded in response. "So the point is, the only thing that could be scarier than two mean guys is two mean guys in a relationship."

"No, you're wrong," I stopped him, shaking my hand. "If everyone thinks we're together, they're going to think we're letting stuff slide because we're too infatuated with each other or something." I explained in a mere mutter. Vic shook his head.

"Trust me, that's not how it works. It tells everyone that if they mess with either of us, it's going to come back to them in a double form. Plus, this school is strictly Christian and it'll be interesting to see what happens if we get caught, which we will." Vic explained calmly, seeming to think he was some sort of genius. I guess he had a point.

"Why me?" I questioned after a few moments of silence. "Why didn't you just ask Jaime or someone you've known longer? It'd make sense, you've known him double the time you've known me-"

"Nobody would believe Jaime and I could ever be a thing; we've been friends for too long to even go to a dating level now, whether I was gay or not. It just works with you and I, plus you seem more of my type." Vic interrupted. I felt some heat in my cheeks when he called me his type, but why I don't know.

"So do I have to go around telling people I'm gay if they ask now?" I questioned irritably.

"No; you can just say you're bisexual or something. That's what I'm saying anyway."

"And what if I don't want to do this?" I asked again, holding Vic's gaze. He smiled a little, leaning against the back of the couch.

"You don't have a choice. Well, you do, either pretend to be my boyfriend or lets just say the rest of your stay will be living hell." Vic threatened in a non-enticing manner which I knew would change if I objected. I let out a sigh, knowing very well he would keep his word.

"...Fine, whatever..." I finally spoke. A victorious smile gleamed on Vic's face, irritating me beyond belief. "Don't plan on us doing anything romantic, though."