6.

For the next three days, I had managed to pretty much cover myself and stay out of any sort of trouble. I didn't bother with talking with Justin either, I decided to give him his space and spent most of my time with either Vic or his group of friends. The thought of living here for however long was starting to settle in, but there was one thing I still hadn't got on board with.

Sunday; worship day they call it.

I assumed it was basically the same thing as a church, so I instantly began dreading all of it. I dropped my religious beliefs a long time ago, and I didn't appreciate people trying to brainwash me back into believing in a God. Then again, I guess I should've suspected this to happen. I am, after all, in a Christian boarding school.

"So, what do you do on worshipping days or whatever." I muttered at breakfast on Sunday, eyeing the cross which had been hung up on the wall in the main hall while I stuffed more cereal in my mouth. Vic chuckled a little, rolling his eyes.

"It's ridiculous, they take attendance. It's like we're in kindergarten," Vic began in exasperation, picking at the bits of food left on his plate. "There's really no way to get out of it, we usually just sit in the back and smuggle our phones in and play games." He continued, smirking a little. I nodded in silence, finishing my cereal.

"I did find something interesting last week, though," Mike joined in, lowering his voice so no one would overhear us. "The hall by the altar has a door which leads you down some stairs. I followed them into the basement and ended up right outside of the doors leading to the worshipping room."

"I bet you anything we could sneak out of there using those stairs." Jaime suggested. Tony nodded in agreement.

"It's worth a shot." Vic finally spoke up, pushing his plate away from him and leaning back in his chair, letting out a little sigh. I nodded, soon remembering that I could get in a lot more trouble if we got caught, but then again, they would too.

After breakfast, Vic and I went back to our room, stopping at our door. Two identical uniforms sat folded up on the floor. I quirked my eyebrows, picking up one of them and looking at the tag on the shirt. Kellin was engraved on the tag.

"We have uniforms for Sunday, your parents get asked your size for everything and they make it and engrave your name on the tag. Tonight we have to fold them back up and place them outside the door again. They'll be cleaned and return next Sunday." Vic explained nonchalantly, picking up his own navy blue sweater, khakis, and black shoes before opening the door and walking inside. I followed shortly after, grabbing my clothes hastily. I can't believe they were making us wear these.

Vic slammed the door to the bedroom and soon after I heard the lock flick. Assuming he was changing, I locked the front door and began to change as well. 

The navy blue sweater was itchy and made me feel awful. The only thing I was going to be praying for in church was air conditioning. Next I put on the khakis which weren't necessarily uncomfortable, but they sure did look dorky. After that, I put on the black shoes which didn't bother me at all.

Another flick was heard as Vic opened the bedroom door. Our eyes met as I felt a chuckle forming in my throat. We were wearing the exact same thing. I felt uncomfortable looking at myself and then to him. My self confidence for originality drained away completely. Vic laughed a little.

"You get use to it." He said with a shrug, looking at the clock on the wall before going back to the door. "We need to get going." Was all he said, opening the door and waiting for me. I nodded, grabbing my previous clothes and tossing them onto my bed before hurrying out the door, Vic following behind me.

After that I let Vic lead the way. We made our way out of the main building and clear down the somewhat campus before stopping in front of two large doors. Vic pushed one open, letting me follow him inside. The ceilings were a little higher than normal, and a fancy looking chandelier illuminated above a pair of half steps. I noticed a railed out set of stairs which obviously led to a basement. I knew that was what Mike was talking about immediately.