9.

For the following two weeks I couldn't be seen without having Vic with me. We went everywhere together, even though I didn't want him following me everywhere. I don't think anybody questioned our relationship anymore except for Justin. We had been avoiding each other since the word spread, but when I did see him, he obviously didn't believe any of it was real. Deep down I wanted to talk to him, but I guess I didn't have the guts to do so. When did I become so cautious? It was totally unlike me.

"Can I have the last of your roll?" Vic asked from next to me at lunch. I shook my head at him, tearing off a piece of the bread and popping it into my mouth. He's been so pushy lately; always stealing my food and always holding my hand. I didn't think anything of it anymore and had to stop myself a time or two from actually believing we were a real couple. What we had was not real and never would be.

After lunch I went on with my classes as usual, ignoring any knowing smirks I got when passing people. That was another thing, ever since Vic and I had started to fake date, people didn't seem as intimidated by me. Out of everything that had happened, this was the only thing that still completely and utterly disturbed me. I didn't care about Vic pretending to date me anymore, I was used to it, but everything was not working out like he had suspected it would. Nobody thought we were a power couple, they just thought we were cute. And do you know what cute is? Innocence; total innocence. Nobody would think a loving couple would kick anybody's ass, because usually they wouldn't, but it was different with Vic and I. Maybe we just hadn't proved it yet.

Justin and I continued to stay mute with one another which made me happy and sad at the same time. My emotions the past few weeks have been completely jumbled up; it was getting harder to straighten them out, too. The thought of explaining all of this mess to Justin was, to be quite frank, terrifying. How do you explain you're fake dating somebody they hate for the benefit of something not even working as of right now?

Mrs. Abram must have not heard any of the rumors or witnessed anything strange going on because I was never pulled aside or called to the office. I don't think Vic was either. One thing was for certain, though, and that was if she did manage to figure out what was going on, Vic and I were sure to be in serious situations in no time.

That's one thing I never understood about Christianity and Christians. They're so bitter with gay and transgender people when we're all inevitably just humans. Who gives them the right to control somebody's sexuality and gender? Of course, I'm not actually gay, but playing the role has made me think about things more in depth. Maybe it wasn't right of me to tear others down for reasons like that. Then again, is anything I do right? Probably not.

If anything, I feel like Christian schools and such should just accept people for who they are and quit griping over it. It's okay to disagree with something, but it's not okay to try and control it. It sunk deeper into my mind what would happen if Vic and I got busted with this whole fake dating scheme. We'd probably be separated so we wouldn't be roommates anymore and a load of other things. The thought of it all somewhat thrilled me; the thrill of being caught. Isn't that what we wanted? To be caught? Of course it was, maybe not as much as I was thinking, but that's still what we wanted. We were here to test boundaries of the school and nothing more. That's why two mornings later I was ready to make the scheme more public, even though I still felt uncomfortable under Vic's gaze.

First period was nerve racking. I walked into the classroom, Vic's hand laced with mine. The heat of our palms touching had become a familiar feeling to me, one that I hated to admit I didn't mind anymore these days. Our teacher noticed the gesture and appeared caught off guard. He didn't say anything, which was surprising. I was suspecting a short lecture before class and then a trip to Mrs. Abram. Third and fourth hour went the same way, annoying both Vic and I. If we wanted this plan to work out we needed to be caught.

Before final hour was when it happened. Vic and I walked down a hallway to our final classes which we didn't share when Mrs. Abram started down a corridor near us. Vic saw her first and without warning pushed me into one of the nearest walls, his hands pinning my wrists down to my sides.

"What are-"

"Abram," Vic interrupted before I could even question him. "Just don't speak for a minute." He added in. I nodded hastily, holding my breath as Vic pulled his body against mine before his breath hit my neck. Goose bumps rose on my skin as Vic's nosed brushed against my exposed skin. I closed my eyes, forgetting about who was doing this to me. If it didn't feel so damn good I might've been revolted by it. The moment was quick to end when I heard a woman clear her throat from behind us. I had no doubt it was Mrs. Abram. Sure enough, Vic let go of my wrists and spun around to see her looking at us very sternly. She also appeared a little confused. I watched as Vic gave her a cheeky smile.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Abram." Vic spoke innocently, keeping his friendly gaze on her monotone one. Secretly I chewed on my lip because I had no idea what was going to happen. Mrs. Abram didn't say anything, finding no reason to speak for several seconds.

"Could you boys meet me in my office right after you have finished final hour?" Mrs. Abram spoke calmly and surprisingly quietly. Vic quirked his eyebrows in fake confusion and I couldn't help but to let out a humorous scoff.

"But... Why?" Vic asked politely. "Is there something wrong?" He added on as I felt my heart thudding faster than before. It was exhilarating, but the look she was giving me wasn't something I necessarily liked either. Her eyes met Vic's, which she stared into with complete disgust while speaking.

"Nothing to talk about now, just be there." Was her final words before she walked past us and into a different hall, her heels clinking in an annoying manner behind her. Once she was out of earshot, Vic started the chuckle, stepping away and allowing me to walk past him. I didn't bother to say goodbye before hurrying off to final hour wondering about what was going to come straight after. 

--- -

Okay. I get it. It's short. It's been a while since I last updated. IM SORRY. I honestly don't even know how to describe how busy this last week has been and I had back to the future hearts tour last night and was too tired and too busy getting ready for it to update. I promise future chapters will be longer + updated faster (unless under serious circumstances like i'm dying or something idk)