23.

"You're an idiot," I spoke to Vic, not even glancing at his figure lingering in our dorm. Softly, I shut the door and turned on my heel, tossing my bag on our table. Vic's eyebrows quirked, his eyes glinting with curiosity.

"Hmm?" Vic murmured very quietly, his gaze reverting back to the textbook propped in his lap as he leaned back on the couch. A smile crept onto my lips, but I suppressed it rather hastily. My feet led me into the living room where I fell back into the chair adjacent to Vic.

"Well, I completely bombed the essay you let me cheat on," I breathed, faking a tone of disappointment. My eyes hit Vic's again as I read into them. Momentarily, I was sure a faint expression of surprise and panic flashed past his facial figure. "So that means, if I failed, you probably did too. I guess we won't know until tomorrow, considering you ditched," I added, my tone of voice wavering.

"I guess so," was all Vic retaliated, eyes lowering back to his textbook. I stared at him in silence for several more seconds in utter silence, studying him. My heart was filled with endearment as it was completely obvious he was fretting over the essay. The way his fingers fiddled with the textbooks thin, paper edges, and the way he used his teeth to graze his bottom lip. His legs were stretched out across the couch, and at first glance it probably appeared as nothing unusual, but I noticed his crossed feet were wavering gently.

A dry chuckle escaped my lips. As much as I wanted to keep the act up, I couldn't bear to see him like he was for much longer, so without a second thought, I stood up and walked over to his concerned figure, pulling his heavy textbook out from between his fingers. At first, I was waiting for Vic to order me to hand it back, but to my dismay, he stayed relatively quiet and gave me an expectant look.

Dropping the book on the coffee table, I reached over Vic and grabbed just above his left knee, forcing him to move his legs to the center of the couch. Vic's gaze was entertaining, as I knew he was completely confused.

I didn't let a second go to waste as I straddled Vic's legs, making sure not to crash my all of my weight onto him. Resting my my left hand on the sofa cushion and the other on the back of the couch, I lifted my gaze to Vic who, for the very first time, looked flustered and unsure of what to do next.

"I was just kidding," I admitted in a shamefaced manner. "I got an A, and the ones I missed were mostly my own mistakes, so I wouldn't be shocked if you aced it," I added, smiling. Vic let out a heavy breath as I felt his body relax and his expression lighten.

"Don't pull that crap," Vic complained, resting his head back on the arm of the couch. My glazed eyes encountered his exposed neck, and a wicked smirk configured upon my lips. Gradually, I leaned forward, almost letting my entire body rest upon his own, but I at least put some effort into it and held my own weight. I felt the tip of my nose brush against Vic's neck and another smile form on my lips. I tilted my head, planting a light kiss directly below his right ear.

No words of objection escaped Vic's lips, so I took that as an advantage and continued kissing his soft skin from his ear to his jawline. Vic's hands snaked around my small figure, fingers curling into the soft material of my shirt before creeping beneath it. His thumbs pressed harshly into my hips flesh, brushing my skin gingerly and eliciting a tiny groan of satisfaction to escape from between my thin lips. Never had I dreamed I would feel as I good right then.

Vic let his hands wander as I continued to kiss his exposed neck, nipping at his skin in certain spots. Pressing my lips clear down to his collar bone, Vic pulled his head forward and looked at me. I couldn't necessarily read his expression, but it was one I definitely enjoyed. Before I knew it, Vic's hand had escaped from under my shirt and had grabbed one of my wrists, forcing me forward and pressing his lips onto mine.

Out of my entire experiences of kissing, never had anyone kissed me as harshly as Vic did in that moment. Sure, we had made out a few times here and there, but it was mostly innocent. This, though, was the exact opposite.

I pulled back, taking in a deep breath before being reeled back into Vic's lips. I felt his fingers resume their movement underneath my shirt while the others propped my chin to keep me from going anywhere. My heartbeat was far faster than usual, as I could do nothing but kiss Vic in return and clutch onto his shoulders.

"Hey, come on, stop it," I muttered mindlessly, turning my head sideways to break Vic and I's lip lock. Faintly, I saw Vic lean back in my peripheral. Our eyes met briefly before I sighed, sitting up straighter.

"Did I do something wrong?" Vic asked quietly, a concerned look appearing on his face; one that he didn't bother masking. Brushing some of my hair out of my eyes, I kept my distance far from him.

"No... It's nothing; I don't know why I stopped you," I admitted, partially true. I didn't know why I stopped him, but gradually, something was becoming clearer.

"Did you get scared?" Vic asked suddenly, abruptly concluding my mind's thoughts. Did I? Me? Scared? "Did I move too fast?" Vic asked again, obviously wishing for me to look at him, but I couldn't make myself.

"It was just... So much at once is all," I explained as casually as possible. "I'm just not sure if I'm prepared for... You know, everything, basically," I added, my cheeks flushed as an embarrassed smile formed on my lips.

"I'll wait as long as you need me to," Vic concluded. I wanted to object, why, I had no idea. Guilt, potentially. I felt guilty for forcing Vic to put his, I guess what you might refer to as "love life" on pause for me.

"Thank you," I managed to say, though my throat felt rather dry. I was a coward; I felt like a virgin for the first time again, and that was an awfully disappointing feeling.