𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

♥ ♥ ♥

TW: Mention of Abuse

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞

Death.

It's a concept everyone goes through, either with friends, family, or ourselves. I've spent seventeen years escaping death. I can admit I wanted to stop running, but if I did, I'd be leaving behind the only family I have left.

I lost my moms, who never failed to love me until their very last breath. After the fire from the gas line explosion was put out, the authorities found that they died together. Soon later, they found my brother's corpse in his room with a journal lying next to him. The pages were burned, some turned to ashes, but I took the legible pages. I left the country.

Italy had nothing left for me. I had no family. I had nobody.

The only person I had left lived over five thousand miles away. Alessio De Carlo has been my closest friend since I was thirteen when he visited Italy with his family. I moved to South Korea to live with him until we were both old enough to travel wherever we desired. While we were still living in South Korea, he brought me to his training, where he learned different martial arts styles. At the training, I was paired up with a girl who has lived here her whole life. She had a lot of fights in her while I had none left. She and Alessio mentally trained me before getting the physical aspects.

When we turned sixteen, we all left South Korea to travel internationally. Our training not only gave us physical strength but also mental strength. We used our agility and skills to become assassins. Hestia had technical and physical agility. Alessio was pure physical agility, he couldn't aim for shit. But he could throw a punch. My strength was aiming at targets. I'd even up the stakes by closing my eyes while shooting the gun or throwing a blade.

Our abilities made us killers. At first, it felt cruel having other people's blood on your hands, but after a year, that's all we craved. Maybe it was our past, or perhaps some of us are born killers. When I was a child, I'd write in diaries. I had a bookshelf filled with romance novels. Every single one of them was destroyed in the explosion. Reading was my escape growing up. Books taught me that love exists, but they leave out one key detail. Fate.

Fate seems like something from fairytales, but when you meet the right person. You understand. The way their eyes stare into yours. I met Alessio by fate five years ago. His grey eyes. His tattoos crawled along both of his arms. His snake tattoo on his neck. Everything about him made me fall in love with him.

He saved me in ways I could never thank him for.

When I was fourteen, I was in an abusive relationship with a seventeen-year-old who pleaded that he loved me, but he'd still beg me to get intimate with him. He'd ask me multiple times until I gave in and said yes. He made me believe that relationships are meant to be like this. I fell for his lies. His manipulative lies. I lived with him for a couple of months in South Korea.

Alessio found out when I was at his doorstep with bruises on my arms. I had an oversized hoodie on. I was shivering outside his house. When he opened the door, all I remember was him giving me a place to stay and a roof over my head.

Less than a week later, he came home with a bruised eye and blood on his hands. He washed his hands in the sink as I asked him what happened. His response will always live in my head as a core memory.

Just know he'll never lay a hand on you again, Blaire.

♥ ♥ ♥