𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

♥   ♥   ♥

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞

Dear Diary,

Today is July 31st, 1997.

Last week I spent my last night in Sicily with Roman. I felt a part of my heart shatter once I walked out of that door. I went there that night, not expecting him to forgive me or even hear me out. I wanted him to hear the truth. I wanted him to know how I felt. I became vulnerable towards him. I knew deep down Roman had feelings for me. He didn't show it, but his sister told me. She and I talk often. She's like a younger sister to me. Before I went to Roman's house last week, she took me to her favorite bookstore in Sicily. I missed the at-home feeling of being in a bookstore. Books became my comfort at a young age. I fell in love with words on paper. I escaped reality. I found a home that wasn't in this reality.

I've been in Milan for six days. Sia and I have killed fifteen people in the past week. Being an assassin pays well. And it gives you adrenaline that motivates you to pull the trigger. I would've never become an assassin without Sia. She was my muse. She taught me how to manufacture and operate any gun. I couldn't live in a world without her. Sia has been by my side through hell and back. We became weapons that killed people at a young age. We found a way to survive and live while sacrificing our childhood.

Today, she took me to the bookstore for a small book date. I enjoy watching her be happy. Her eyes glow whenever she's at peace. Hestia has a spark that I've never seen before. Everyone we meet sees her as a cold girl without a heart, but she's far from that. I haven't met someone as loving as Hestia Garmez. We've killed people for each other. The love I have for Sia is infinite.

I love you to the stars and back, Sia.

Sincerely Blaire Allaire,

Allaire Diaries

I closed my journal and placed it in the tote beside the table. The air smelt fresh, and the breeze brushed across my cheeks. Hestia closed her book and put her hands on mine. She squeezed my hand. Sia whispered, "I have a question." She paused for a minute before she continued, "Is it real? Your feelings for Roman."

Hestia had her eyes shot at me. I lightly squeezed her hand and answered, "I think. We agreed to start over. He's flying here tomorrow." Sia lifted her hand to my cheek. Her soft palm brushed against my face. She admitted, "If he makes you happy, don't let me stop you. I love you, and if that means learning how to adapt to being around Roman Russo."

I tilted my head and reassured her, "He's only coming for a visit, and he does make me happy. He's taking me out for dinner tonight at a restaurant beside his hotel." Hestia's eyes widened. She chuckled, "Be careful. If he takes you back to his hotel, make sure to have condoms."

"Hestia."

"I'm just saying."

Sia and I have always been open to each other about our relationships. We'd give each other advice. We both experienced bad relationships with terrible people. I had an abusive boyfriend who'd hit me over the slightest disagreements. Sia had a boyfriend who controlled her every move. He destroyed her. In the end, it was Alessio who helped us heal. He made us laugh and smile when our worlds were collapsing. He gave us a home when we had nothing left. I had escaped an abusive relationship after losing my family. Sia had lost her mom and spiraled. She dated the only person who gave her attention, even if it became controlling to the point she couldn't breathe. Now that Alessio is gone, we're all we have. We're even more protective over each other and who we let into our lives.