𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

♥ ♥ ♥

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧

I made a deal with the devil.

Blaire Allaire.

I've spent the past week in Milan with Blaire.

Two days ago, Blaire brought me to Venice. We went to a few shops and rode a boat on the canal. It was fun. Being out of Sicily gives me a feeling of being alive. My life feels like my own when I'm out of Sicily. I don't feel the weight on my shoulders when I'm with Blaire. I'm not under pressure from my father. I have a sense of life. In the past week, I've gotten to know Blaire. She likes purple lilacs, and she loves horror movies. Blaire is taking me to a new horror movie at the drive-in tonight. The girl I've gotten to know isn't who I thought she was. She has a sweet personality but, at times, can be bold. I've met plenty of assassins who are assholes. They bury their character deep inside. They don't let people in their minds. Hestia is one of them. She holds a strong front. She doesn't trust me, and I don't blame her. She's getting paid to kill me. My family has hurt many people. The Mafia isn't pretty. There's no bright side. It's a survival game. There's no escaping or cheating. In the end, we all die.

♥ ♥ ♥

In twenty minutes, Blaire is taking me to the drive-in. As much as I love drive-in, horror movies scared the shit out of me. I stepped out of the icy shower and wrapped the towel around my waist. I leaned against the sink and stared into my reflection. I felt my heart race in my chest. I heard knocking on the front door of the hotel room. I took a deep breath and slipped my clothes on quickly. I exited the bathroom and approached the front door. I opened the door to see Blaire. She had her blonde hair falling perfectly over her shoulders. She had a bright smile across her flushed cheeks. Her grey eyes were mesmerizing. She leaned against the doorway and asked, "Are you ready?" I answered, "No, but you're free to wait until I'm ready."

She sighed, "Fine. I'll wait, but you're paying for milkshakes." I chuckled, "That sounds like a deal."

Blaire walked past me with a tight grey top, a black leather jacket, and jeans. She had a smirk on her face. I walked towards the bathroom and stopped at the door. I turned toward Blaire and exclaimed, "I still don't understand you, Blaire." She chuckled, "I'm an assassin. I'm not supposed to be easy to read."

I sighed and walked into the bathroom. I finished getting ready and heard soft, mumbling sounds from outside. I opened the bathroom door and saw Blaire outside on the balcony. She was whispering to herself while writing in a small journal. I stood in the balcony door frame. I had my eyes glued to her. Her eyes shot up towards me. She closed her book and slipped it into her back pocket. Blaire turned toward me. She folded her arms and admitted, "You clean up well, Russo." I responded, "You don't look too bad yourself, Ms.Allaire."

"Don't flatter yourself, Russo." She paused before continuing, "We have a movie to see."

I smiled, and we left. When we got to the drive-in, Blaire stayed in the car while I went to the stands to get milkshakes. I got back to the car. I handed Blaire her drink. A smile flashed across her face. I confessed, "When I was eleven, Astraea used to make me watch horror movies. Every time I was scared, Astraea would tell me it was fake and start singing a song she wrote at midnight." Blaire glanced toward me and asked, "Your sister sings?"

She folded her arms and leaned back into her seat. I answered, "My sister's best friend taught her how to write and sing music." Blaire admitted, "I'm not surprised. But I am shocked that you are scared of horror movies."

I chuckled and explained, "They scare the shit out of me. The whole killing of people in their dreams shit. I couldn't sleep for days after that movie." Blaire nodded and implied, "If you get scared, don't expect me to sing. I can reassure you it's all fake. And keep the light on."