𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞

♥ ♥ ♥

Dear Diary,

Today is January 30th, 1997.

It's been four years since I lost my moms and brother, who loved me until their last breath. Not a day goes by when I don't think about reuniting with them in the stars.

I'm still breathing because the two people who tried cooking last night nearly burnt the food. Hestia and Alessio have been the reason I haven't taken my life. They restored me when I felt like I was dead.

When I found out that everyone I loved had died five years ago today, I felt my soul died with them. I didn't want to be alive if they weren't going to be with me, but Alessio took me in. He gave me a home. He and Hestia became my home.

Life taught me an important lesson.

If you bury your feelings deep inside, they will kill you.

That's why I pick up a pen every day and begin writing. It feels like a weight being lifted off my shoulders when I write. I let out my feelings and emotions onto paper.

Today, I get on a plane to Sicily.

I haven't been there since I was thirteen. The last time I was there, the air was filled with toxic gas, and my family was dead. I watched their deceased corpses get carried out of the building.

Every night since the explosion, I've woken up with sweat dripping from my face after reliving that day. It's like a never-ending loop I can never escape.

When I close my eyes at night, I picture a thirteen-year-old me standing in front of a burning building. I was supposed to die that night, and some parts of me did.

Hestia has always told me, "If you live in the past, you'll never escape it."

She's right.

But how can you escape a past that haunts you? I became an assassin so I could make the mafia pay for the deaths that they've caused. It may be personal to me, but they get to sleep at night with no remorse for the people they've killed.

Now it's my turn to be the killer.

Until we meet again.

♥ ♥ ♥

I closed my diary. I tossed it in the open suitcase lying in front of me. I grabbed the bed and stood up, hearing the door creak open. Hestia stood against the doorframe with her eyes glued to me.

She blurted out, "Are you ready?" I turn toward her, folding my arms across my chest. I answered, "Yeah. Did Alessio get the files?" She nodded her head, entering the room.

Hestia approached me as she exclaimed, "Everything is being sent to the private airport we're leaving from. It will be a two-hour flight, but Alessio brought drinks for us. We'll have five days until we go to the warehouse. We have time to have fun at the bars for a bit. We have to steer clear of the ones owned by the Russos." I responded, "Or we could not get wasted and plan what we'll do."

She sighed, "The plan is for you to get close to Roman Russo, and then we'll use their trust to take them down."

"We'll be fine, Blaire. We've killed hundreds of people in the past two years."

"Fifteen thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight."

Hestia chuckled, wrapping her arms around me. She hugged me tightly as she whispered, "Still, Blaire. This is who we are. We can't have empathy." I scoffed, "I know, but we'll be in their city. They know who we are. Hestia, they aren't dumb. They'll find us at our lowest, and the plan will be shit. So, no. We aren't going to risk our lives for a couple of shots."