𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

♥ ♥ ♥

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞

Dear Diary,

Today is June 16th, 1997.

It's been almost three months in Milan. I kissed Roman. It felt genuine. I haven't felt safe in someone's arms in months. Roman took me out last night to see fireflies. It was a surreal moment. I felt the cool breeze against my skin. The sky was full of darkness. The stars lit up the quiet atmosphere. I felt alive.

After the kiss Roman and I shared, we avoided mentioning it. That moment was an impulsive decision. My emotions were everywhere. My mind was clouded, and Roman cleared the disturbance in my head. His reassurance made me feel at peace. I've known Roman Russo since January. He opened up to me even when he knew I could kill him. He revealed his weakness to me. He showed me his pain.

If you were to ask me to kill Roman Russo in January, I would've done it in a heartbeat.

It's different now. It changed the day he arrived in Milan. Once he told me about his father, I felt my heart ache. His father was mentally abusive toward him, and then he was in a two-year relationship with a woman who physically beat him. I'm an empathetic person. After I'd killed people, I'd write down my emotions. I felt the need to release empathy in my writing. Being emotional isn't a horrible thing. It's not easy in the job I have.

Hestia murders people without any hesitation or emotions. We're seventeen. Murder shouldn't be a fluent term. Hestia and I are still kids. We never got the chance to live. We became assassins. Hestia used to be an outgoing kid, but she became close. She shut herself out. Sia pushed everyone away. Sia believes if she compelled people away, she'd never be hurt. She's wrong. If you never let anyone in, you'll never have the chance to experience love or emotions. I learned that lesson in these past two months. I let Roman inside my mind. He made me feel comfortable when I spoke to him. He reassured me that he'd listen. I guess all I've ever wanted is for someone to listen.

Sincerely Blaire Allaire,

♥ ♥ ♥

I closed my journal and glanced up at Hestia, sitting across from me with a book in front of her. I leaned against the chair and asked, "What are you reading?" She glanced up from the book and answered, "It's a romance book I got last week."

Hestia took a deep breath and exclaimed, "I appreciate authors who write romance books. The details and emotions are alluring." I chuckled, "Welcome to the dark side. I read romance novels because they allow me to fill the empty romance in my life."

"Even though you made out with Russo."

"It was in the moment."

She sighed and closed her book. Hestia exclaims, "If I heard the story right, you kissed him." She paused before continuing, "I told you not to get emotionally attached."

I took a deep breath. I couldn't gather the words to respond. I was partially correct. I didn't fall in love with Roman Russo, but I did gain respect for him. A part of my heart cares for him. The other part wishes his family could pay for the damage they cost me. His father killed my family and the many people who lived near me. I lost people I loved and cared about that night. Innocent people died, and nobody paid for it. It's time for Ryker Russo to pay his debt. Even if I don't kill Roman, I'll leave an imprint on the Russo family.