𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

♥ ♥ ♥

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞

Dear Diary,

Today is April 21st, 1997.

I spent the last two days in Paris. I killed a hundred and twenty-three people last night. They deserved every ounce of pain they endured. Those people kidnapped young children off the streets and sold them into sex trafficking. They were involved with Alessio's sister's kidnapping. While she was walking home, they stole her. They brutally beat her and raped her before selling her into sex trafficking. Then, Alessio's sister was killed a year later. She was left to die.

Nobody deserves to die the way. Lillah De Carlo was already dead once they sold her. No child should have to endure that type of pain. Nobody should have to go through that. It's inhumane and disgusting. Those men got their karma.

Hestia joined me in France temporarily. She returned after we completed the job. She had unfinished priorities she wanted to complete. The night after she left, Hestia called me. She told me that she was returning the favor to Nora. Sia set an explosive in Nora's car. I couldn't imagine the pure joy that went through her veins that night. I wish I were there, but having the reassurance that Nora got her karma is enough. She wasn't entirely wrong when she humiliated me. I am an assassin, and I kill people. It's my job.

Devon hired me to kill Roman Russo. I broke down inside when she made assumptions about me. She called me a slut and accused me of pursuing her boyfriend. Nora made me feel disgusting. I never saw Roman in that way. I've been friendly towards Roman because he earned my respect the night he comforted me after Alessio's death. He made me feel safe for that short amount of time. I didn't feel any hatred toward him. I needed a shoulder to cry on and a hug. He knew I was an assassin. But he still showed me the utmost love and kindness. Astraea is the female version of Roman. She has a wholesome and sweet personality. Sia says I'm too empathetic. I can admit I hold a lot of empathy. I guess it's because I never want to watch someone go through what I did growing up. I changed a lot after I lost my parents. I tore myself down to the point where I was one step closer to death each day. I was in an abusive relationship. I lost who I was for a man who treated me like shit. I was lucky enough to have found two people who saved my life. I'll never be able to thank them enough.

Before I left Sicily, I wrote a letter to Roman. Devon offered to pay me double the price if I manipulated and made Roman fall in love with me. I called him a fool for insisting that Roman could look in my direction after the party. Nora announced that I went to Sicily to kill Roman.

I caved and agreed to Devon's offer. I wrote an apology letter and asked Roman to meet me in Milan. I have a home in Milan that Alessio bought for Hestia and me. If we planned on settling in Milan, we needed the extra money.

I rarely accepted offers where I had to play along in a love game. I've always been scared to fall in love. I'm afraid that somewhere along these months with Roman, I won't be able to pull that trigger and kill him. I can manipulate people into trusting me, but falling in love was another game I wasn't willing to play. Hestia used to be the girl people would hire to fake date. She has a cold heart with an unbreakable barrier. She has the strength to kill anyone, even the people she loves. I've aspired to be her. I've desired to have her ability to stay strong. I allow my emotions to cloud my judgment. Empathy can be a gift or a curse.