𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

♥♥♥

𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞

Dear Diary,

Today is February 27th, 1997

A day hasn't passed where I haven't cried. Today, Hestia and I will be saying goodbye to Alessio. I dreaded this day all week. I never thought I'd be here having to bury my soulmate and best friend. Letting go has never been an easy thing I've had to do. Hestia broke down last night. She's been the strong one since Alessio passed away, but we can't be strong forever. Losing someone who saved our lives feels like something we'll never get over.

Today has felt like a burden we must overcome. Waking up this morning felt impossible. Living in a world without Alessio De Carlo isn't living. He loved me in indescribable ways. He saved two girls he barely knew. His heart was full of love. In the foreseeable future, Sia and I have decided to make Alessio the uncle of our children. He was our home. He deserves a role in our fates even though he won't be there to see us. We'll leave a chair empty on our wedding day. He'll always be a part of our lives even though he won't be with us physically.

You'll always be my angel. I love you to the stars and back.

Sincerely Blaire Allaire,

♥♥♥

I stood in front of the mirror in my bedroom. I wore a short black dress that fell above my knees. I felt Hestia's arms wrapped around me. She whispered, "It doesn't feel real." I laced my fingers with hers. I responded, "I'm still waiting for Alessio to walk through that door."

Hestia pressed her lips to the side of my temples. I felt tears build up under my eyes.

Today, I admit that the man I've loved since I was thirteen is dead at a funeral. He'll never come home. I'll never hear his pure laugh again. I'll never feel his soft lips on mine again. His death has made me appreciate life. One day, we're all going to die. I've taken Roman's advice to heart. I want to live life for Alessio. And all the people I've lost.

I fear that the funeral today will break Hestia and me. I've tried preparing for how today would look, but I never expected to be burying the man I wanted to marry. He was only seventeen. I hate that life will go on. And he'll always be seventeen. A piece of my heart and soul died the day of his death. I want to believe this isn't true, but it isn't. It's over. Our fate is living in a world without Alessio De Carlo.

♥♥♥

I'll be at the memorial that Devon and Vera set up for Alessio in two minutes. I laid my head on Sia's shoulder. She wrapped her arm around me. I confessed, "I don't think I can complete this mission. Alessio gave us this opportunity. He's gone now, and nothing feels right." Sia let out a deep breath. Vera glanced into the rearview mirror. She blurted out, "Don't stress. Devon and I have talked. You two girls can have as much time as you need. We don't want to be a burden for you two. Take as long as you need. We'll be there for anything you need."

Sia smiled.

Her smile brought tears to my eyes. Sia thanked Vera. We told them we'd decline their offer. Sia wanted to fulfill the mission Alessio left for us. And I agreed. We owed him this. He'd desire us to finish what he left behind.

We must live for the people who aren't here with us anymore.

The car stopped. I could see the memorial out the window. Astraea's car pulled up behind us. I invited her because she has been a big help throughout Alessio's death. Her stepmother passed away when she was eleven. We have spent a few days together since dinner at Devon's house last week. She and Roman share a father, but they have different mothers. She shared her experience with me. Hestia and I have grown a bond with Astraea. She's given us the strength and reassurance we needed. She's helped us grieve.