9

-Michaels pov-

I woke up, rolled over and opened my eyes. I didn't wanna get up today. I didn't wanna do anything. I sighed deeply and stretched out for a few minutes.

Then I opened my eyes and blinked a few times before calling this substitute teacher on the list the school provided us. There was no way I was going to work.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hello. Is this Ms. Baker?" I asked.

"Yes. Who is this?" She questioned.

"This is Michael Clifford. I'm an art teacher at the high school. I was wondering if you were available today? I'm kind of sick and I can't be in today?" I asked hopefully, adding a fake cough.

"Oh yes. Sure. I'll get ready now. And I hope you get better soon." She wished in an annoying voice, making me roll my eyes.

"Thanks" I said. "Bye" I added and hung up.

I sighed and leaned against the wall. At least I didn't have to go teach a bunch of students who didn't really care anyway.

I fell back asleep a few minutes later. I was really tired.

When I woke up a few hours later, I took a long shower and went to the kitchen to get food. I pulled some pizza out of the fridge and put it in the microwave. I set the time for a minute and a half.

While the microwave heated my food, I went in the living room and turned on the TV, flipping through channels until I found an interesting show. Family guy.
It was the episode where they all go to the big ass house and there's a murderer and nobody can figure out who the killer is.

I smiled at something that the show said and the microwave beeped. I got up and dragged myself to the kitchen, opened the microwave, pulled out my food, and closed it with a loud push. I walked back to the living room and plopped onto the couch again, snuggling up under a blanket and eating my pizza.

It was warm and I decided to turn on Netflix and watch a bunch of episodes of family guy, starting with the first episode of the fourth season.

Before I knew it, I had watched ten episodes and I got up, stretching and going to take my plate to the kitchen.

I put the glass plate in the sink and opened the fridge, trying to figure out what to drink. I looked around the fridge for a minute before finally deciding on a Dr. Pepper.

I pulled one out and kicked the fridge closed, walking back in the living room and turning on american dad instead.

-Luke's pov-

I got up and began walking to eighth period after the bell rang. I was anxious. I didn't see Michael this morning, and i was hoping that he was here and that I had just missed him.

I walked in the classroom and only a few other people were in there, no adult included. Ashton was one of the couple people there and he was sitting in his regular spot. "Hi Luke" he smiled.

"Hey Ashton." I answered.

"Where's the teacher?" I asked as I sat down by him.

He smiled. "She's in the bathroom." He told me.

"She?" I checked. So he really wasn't here, and that made my heart sink a little bit. Maybe he was avoiding me after what happened?

"Yeah. We have a sub. She's in the bathroom, and she's really quite annoying." He explained.

"Where's Mi- Mr. Clifford?" I asked.

"I don't know. Probably sick." Ashton answered.

I sighed. I really hoped he was okay.